Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hi, to the entire team of IXEG just to let you know I'm enjoying the recent update, I totally appreciate the developers for their continued efforts and thanks for making the experience even more enjoyable. I did, 3 flights no crashes at least on my side xp 11.50b9, just a tip to all the users who might experience minor stutters during approach and landing, first please exclude the xplane 11 folder and file in the windows defender settings and secondly, make sure you are using one FMC,  leave the first officer FMC alone at the default page, the one which appears just after starting the aircraft and keep the captain's FMC in the LEGS page during approach and landing after making the required changes in the other pages, with these two settings I was able to get the smoothest experience ever.

To my fellow simmers, who seem to be unhappy with this update (really dont know why), I can understand the frustrations can be subjective based on individual expectations but the team has been open and extremely vocal about the development status and future updates, in my opinion it looks extremely promising, and now I can say it's a true payware quality authentic Boeing 737 300 simulation, even in its current state. Nobody is preventing you from expressing your feelings and thoughts but please be respectful. To be totally honest the aircraft now is a joy to fly.

Again thanks to the team if I come across anything else will let you guys know, I really dont fly anything else lol, hard to beat the VC. Outstanding job.

• Like 3

Hello,

I installed the plane successfully with the stable version of Gizmo, but I cannot do the same with the beta version. I get the error message listed above (wrong path or something like that). I tried the procedure quoted above (delete uninstall IXEG in X-Aviation folder), but it did not work.

Thank you for your assistance (Mac OS High Sierra).

GizmoLog.txt

Macintosh HD Fusion:Users:Daniel Henri 2:Desktop:X-Plane 11.40:GizmoLog.txt

Edited by danhenri

7 hours ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

I installed the plane successfully with the stable version of Gizmo, but I cannot do the same with the beta version. I get the error message listed above (wrong path or something like that). I tried the procedure quoted above (delete uninstall IXEG in X-Aviation folder), but it did not work.

Thank you for your assistance (Mac OS High Sierra).

GizmoLog.txt

Macintosh HD Fusion:Users:Daniel Henri 2:Desktop:X-Plane 11.40:GizmoLog.txt

As I recall, this error is something Laminar resolved in 11.41 and higher. You'll need to update X-Plane.

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

I would try the stable gizmo - unless you somehow clicked the preference to "disable the popout menu". In that case you must assign a button or key to toggle it - or open the ixeg_user_prefs.txt and set the preference there.

Jan

Jan, Thanks for your feedback. I did reinstall the old gizmo and am now getting the popouts. Before the reinstallation I did check the user_prefs.txt and the diable the popout menu was not disabled.

I originally reinstalled the IXEG 737 because I had a problem with the autopilot ....the buttons on the MCP didn't engage on a predictable basis. I hope that the reinstallation will resolve my problem.

4 hours ago, stayup said:

Jan, Thanks for your feedback. I did reinstall the old gizmo and am now getting the popouts. Before the reinstallation I did check the user_prefs.txt and the diable the popout menu was not disabled.

I originally reinstalled the IXEG 737 because I had a problem with the autopilot ....the buttons on the MCP didn't engage on a predictable basis. I hope that the reinstallation will resolve my problem.

Happy that worked for you.

Regarding the buttons - the autopilot system is modeled very realistically - which in turn means it is complex and can be confusing unless you study and understand it first. Often a button will not "work" because the conditions for engaging it are not met. The most common problem is actually the user deflecting the yoke - which prevents engagement (or disengages them) of certain modes or the autopilot as a whole.

I have made some tutorials for that.

Reinstalling X-Plane or the IXEG is only the cure for a tiny fraction of problems users have. Most of the time it is a "placebo" cure - after reinstallation people do something slightly different and not it works - so the reinstall seems to have been the cure.

Cheers, Jan

Remember that when there are altitude restrictions in the FMC with Above or Below, the VNV button won´t engage. Ex: if your FMC LEGS page reads MERSI 250/FL090A, just change /FL090A for /FL090. And the same with all this kind of restrictions. This way VNAV works pretty well and you will be able to engage it.

19 hours ago, stayup said:

I just reinstalled v1.3 of the IXEG 737 with the updated Gizmo and can't get the pop up menus on the left side of the screen to appear.

Is there a way to correct this or should i go back to the older stable Gizmo?

Thanks

Confirm this. After Cameron's post I reinstalled 737 with GIZMO v20. No popups and displays are blank. XP 11.41.

Reverted to stable GIZMO.

Jan, My problem with engaging the buttons on the MVP was deflection of the Yoke. When I take my hands off of the yoke and engage the buttons it works fine, matter of fact the IXEG 737 is working real well for me.

Thanks so much for your rapid response and nice update.

IrvS

11 hours ago, Litjan said:

Happy that worked for you.

Regarding the buttons - the autopilot system is modeled very realistically - which in turn means it is complex and can be confusing unless you study and understand it first. Often a button will not "work" because the conditions for engaging it are not met. The most common problem is actually the user deflecting the yoke - which prevents engagement (or disengages them) of certain modes or the autopilot as a whole.

I have made some tutorials for that.

Reinstalling X-Plane or the IXEG is only the cure for a tiny fraction of problems users have. Most of the time it is a "placebo" cure - after reinstallation people do something slightly different and not it works - so the reinstall seems to have been the cure.

Cheers, Jan

The most important issues in this model have not been resolved: 

• Progr page: no correct fuel prediction (the same old problem)
  • CRZ page no fuel prediction 
  • Plan mode on nd should show the route even though the irs is not yet aligned (but this is not very important)
  • Fix page: if you copy and paste the arrival rwy it doesn't work! 

Please... 

203007068_Annotazione2020-06-02164718.png.df9f003c5081015e836062dd64a5a805.png

Screenshot_(138).png

Screenshot (139).png

18 minutes ago, lionell88 said:

most important issues

Funny, I always hear that the most important issues are the doors, wingflex and holding?

Can you guys get your priorities worked out so we can start working on that?

Cheers, Jan

• Like 4

Dear Jan,

If I read in the description "The best airliner for X-Plane! Extremely detailed 3D cockpit, 3D sound engine, accurately programmed systems and displays" I expect that the above mentioned things are working perfectly, especially in a pay software! I suppose you know that, for example, without a correct fuel prediction we can't plan an accurate approach. This is a basic feature at this level such as the holding page. Another issue, for me, is the VNAV! It is unthinkable that, having reached the TOD, the plane will drop to -4000/3000 fpm for the whole descent (it is assumed that I know how to program the fmc :) ) In my opionion, the fmc still does not compute the correct profile. So, I think the two urgent fixes are:

1. VNAV behaviur and drag
  2. fuel prediction in progress and cruise page;

Then, the other things, are details wich can pass!

Thank you for your precious attention and have good work! 

Hi all.

Thanks a lot for this amazing aircraft, and bringing life to the classic 737 which is now unfortunately being phased out all over the world. I'm very new to the IXEG but for the few test flights I've had it's really good! I fly the 737NG as first officer in real life, so I have something close to compare it with. But there are differences of cause.

A few notes I've made from my observations:

1. Every time i start up - regardless of state - the screen on the avitab is turned off. The only way to get it working again is to open the IXEG menu, turn off the avitab and then turn it back on. Then the screen is working. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
  2. I don't know if this is true to the real aircraft, but in the NG you can see the SAT (static air temperature) on progress page 2 which is closely monitored when anti ice is in use during a climb. I know it's a really small thing but just a nice detail. :) I have no idea how to program anything, but just thought maybe a temperature readout like that would be fairly easy to implement? Of cause it all depends on whether or not this feature is even there in the real aircraft.

Perhaps Jan can answer that? if I'm not mistaken you used to fly the real aircraft? Btw. really nice videos you're posting regarding the updates, states etc. :) 

Hi there,

not sure about the avitab. It should be on - at least for the "turnaround" and "ready to fly" states... Make sure you use the little "power" button on the EFB, maybe you turned that off?

I know about the temp on the PROG page (and wind readouts!), but there is also a temperature readout on the instrument panel that you can use...you just have to switch between SAT and TAT to see the right temperature... which is a bit of a pain, I agree. While you wait for us to implement the PROG page temperature, you can use this "rule of thumb" to calculate SAT: The difference between TAT and SAT is roughly the Mach number - 50. So for .76 the difference would be 26. It TAT is -20, SAT is -46. Works out pretty well...

The PROG page is WIP but we will fix it up for sure!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

Thanks for your reply Jan!

I'll have a look at the avitab suggestion later when I'm at the sim. It's quite possible that I've missed the on/off button.

And for the temperature issue, thanks for the suggestion! I know the PROG page among other things are WIP. Also just minor details, but as closer to reality, as greater the immersion is. :) 

Again, thanks a lot for a wonderfull add on!

• Like 1

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic