The cockpit is too dark.

Burning Bridges

I can't stand looking at a dark cockpit for extended periods with a dome light doing nothing during daytime, even when the cockpit is completely in the shadow. Even though the Saab is my favorite plane in X-Plane, and tend to fly with planes with less fidelity because they have better lighting (Fokker 50 for example).

A developer on another forum was kind to supply we with some info how to change lighting for the Piper 28, and it was just a few lines a confíg file.

Is there a set of paramters how to make the dome light work like a real lamp taht illuminates the cocjput and not just a set of brighter textures during night?

If my appartment is dark I can turn on the light, even during daytime.

Also the overhead lamps are completely non-functional and would provide additional lighting. They are there because pilots need them, so they should work. It's weird to have working headlamps in every passenger seat but not the one for the pilot.

1 hour ago, Burning Bridges said:

Is there a set of paramters how to make the dome light work like a real lamp taht illuminates the cocjput and not just a set of brighter textures during night?

No, there is not.  The dome lights are true "spill" lights, there are no _LIT textures associated with them.

Your apartment is not a simulation.   Lighting (especially shadows in daytime) is particularly difficult to simulate.

Also the overhead lamps are completely non-functional and would provide additional lighting. They are there because pilots need them, so they should work. It's weird to have working headlamps in every passenger seat but not the one for the pilot.

The "map" lights (overhead) should work.  

I will take a look at what we can do for the next update but this may need to wait until v2.0.

• Downvote 1

No stress, I am used to what we have now but under some conditions X-Plane lightings is way too dark and it makes me feel depressed. A way to better illumínate the cockpit would be great and would make me enjoy the Saab much more - if it is technically doable. Other airplanes have the same problem but the cockpit in Thranda airplanes is better in that regard, especially the Piper Arrow.

• 1 month later...