Trim Up - Saab 340a

darran

13 minutes ago, JGregory said:

yes, hardware = joystick, rudder pedals, yoke, throttle quadrant, panels, etc... anything plugged in !

Thanks. I’ll do that over the weekend. I’ll start with the plugins first before I start tearing it all apart.

thanks

On 5/27/2020 at 2:37 PM, JGregory said:

Darran,

You have several plugins installed, and you are using external hardware.  My suspicion is that one of these is the problem. 

The correct way to diagnose this is to unplug ALL your hardware, remove ALL your plugins except Gizmo, PluginAdmin, and any whose name begins with XP.  Then launch the sim and test.  Another option would be to download the X-Plane demo, install the Saab, and test.  

If the problem is gone, you know it was either a plugin or hardware causing the issue. Place your plugins back in one at a time and test each time.  If the problem returns you know which plugin is causing issues.  Do the same with your hardware, plug each item in one at a time and test. 

Report your findings back here so we can determine your next step.

How high do you rate the probability that a plugin interfers with trim of individual 3rd party aircraft?

Ok guys I’ve spent quite a few hours over the last few days doing test flights. None of the plug ins seem to be an issue as I removed them from the directory completely and it made no difference. All hardware so far apart from the yoke has been removed and tested as I’m unsure how I’ll be able to get the thing airbourne and onto an approach without it. However I do have a theory that the passenger variant is different to the cargo one in the way it flies or with the cog etc. I’ve only ever flew the cargo variant so far. So this morning after watching a lot of YouTube videos of people flying these I noticed whilst keeping my eye on the trim indicator  that all the approaches are trimmed up quite a bit although not maxed out like mine. Just in the top of the green bar. So I took a flight this morning in a passenger variant with the same settings regarding load / weight / balance as standard setting. I instantly noticed a difference, climbing out the indicator was in the mid to lower section of the green and I’ve never seen it there before and on final it was also in the green. Still quite high but in the green just as I noticed on other people’s videos. So I’m thinking that the cargo variant may need specific tweaks regarding how it’s loaded which is probably out of reach of the xplane weight / balance options. I’m pretty sure the passenger version was fine for me. 

Apologies I didn’t get a screen shot to compare but it was considerably different

On 5/29/2020 at 9:26 AM, Burning Bridges said:

Do you use FSE? I noticed that FSE can put quite a bit of cargo weight on the Saab, theoretically so much that I can barely take off.

Hi, no I don’t. 
Ive tried everything suggested but to no avail. As previously stated I find the passenger variant works fine it’s just the cargo version that behaves strangely so I’ve resorted to just flying the passenger one.

4 hours ago, darran said:

Hi, no I don’t. 
Ive tried everything suggested but to no avail. As previously stated I find the passenger variant works fine it’s just the cargo version that behaves strangely so I’ve resorted to just flying the passenger one.

I think at this point you will just need to fly the passenger variant until the next update comes out.   Even if we could verify your issues, we are not making any changes or updates to v1.5.1.   We will test the cargo version for the next update to verify it is flying correctly.

Edited by JGregory

3 hours ago, JGregory said:

I think at this point you will just need to fly the passenger variant until the next update comes out.   Even if we could verify your issues, we are not making any changes or updates to v1.5.1.   We will test the cargo version for the next update to verify it is flying correctly.

I will do thanks for your help.