Trim Up - Saab 340a

darran

I’m absolutely loving this aircraft so far. One think I have noticed is that although it flys really well the trim is almost constantly nose up all of the time. Is this normal for this aircraft? I’ve had a look in the weight and balance on xplane and the balance is set as far to the left on the slider as it will go. Any further right on the center of balance and it tips up on the tarmac. Also when on final approach it’s also trimmed as far as it will go. Speeds are ok. I’d there something obvious I’m missing or not doing? Thank you

Image from iPad/ Air Manager

161632B9-3102-42A1-946D-99965A4A708B.jpeg

Edited by darran
More info

11 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

This is the X-Aviation Saab.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 8.24.41 am.png

I'm not sure where you got the one you posted, but it wasn't from X-Aviation.

Yes I’m aware that’s a pic from the 3D cockpit. I was using my iPad with air manager at the time. You guys have an eye for detail. 

1 minute ago, JGregory said:

darran,

The point is.. if you are going to report a possible bug in the X-Aviation/LES Saab 340A, please use in-cockpit pictures so we can verify what you are reporting.

I am still waiting for your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files. 

2 minutes ago, JGregory said:

darran,

The point is.. if you are going to report a possible bug in the X-Aviation/LES Saab 340A, please use in-cockpit pictures so we can verify what you are reporting.

I am still waiting for your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files. 

Sorry,

I didn’t think you guys would assume I’m a liar & be so abrupt in your responses before actually asking me to verify the aircraft I was using. I apologize that I didn’t know there was a rule not to use a picture of the gauge not from the 3D cockpit. I could have not even posted a picture but I thought it would help. I feel like I’m getting told off for something I couldn’t have known by someone I’ve bought something off. As a customer I’m shocked.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, darran said:

Sorry,

I didn’t think you guys would assume I’m a liar & be so abrupt in your responses before actually asking me to verify the aircraft I was using. I apologize that I didn’t know there was a rule not to use a picture of the gauge not from the 3D cockpit. I could have not even posted a picture but I thought it would help. I feel like I’m getting told off for something I couldn’t have known by someone I’ve bought something off. As a customer I’m shocked.

When you report a potential bug, or wrong behavior, you should always attach evidence of the aircraft on its own (despite the saab, boeing, or whatever payware or freeware), otherwise the support guys may be chasing an external aircraft application/plugin issue.

To your question: is it normal the aircraft requires full trim up during most phases of flight, the answer is no. I am customer of this aircraft too, the balance and weight, trim works normal to me.

So what then?

-The logs may tell if anything wrong. Please attach them when possible.

-Attaching the real aircraft pictures will show the developers what the aircraft display are saying, despite the third party app.

-Using xplane weight & balance menu is limited and tricky, can lead to weight & balance issues easily. You may consider a third party app for managing the aircraft weight & balance, among other very nice features it provides

26 minutes ago, darran said:

Sorry,

Darran, neither of us accused you of lying.  Sometimes, people just make mistakes, and that was our position.  If you look at it from our point of view, when comparing your image to ours, they look completely different.  To be honest with you, I've never even heard of Air Manager, and had to ask Jim (JGregory) what you were even referring to.

No one was telling you off or scolding you.  We just simply deduced that the image you posted was not from our Saab.  That's it.  Perhaps if you mentioned in your original post that it was on the iPad and it was a photo taken from "Air Manager", we would have then said "Ok, it IS ours, but through some kind of 3rd party software."

You are more than welcome to post any images you want to, but we ask that you do it with as much background information as possible so we can get to the root of the problem.  We go through quite a lot of support, and we need to figure out what is going on as quickly as possible so we can get to the next person.

Hopefully our position has been made clearer for you, and please don't feel intimidated or nervous about asking for help.  But, as I said, as much background into what you are posting would be a lot easier on us.

Awaiting your log files.

Just a small edit.  There are actually 2 payware Saab's available for X-Plane and at least 1 freeware version.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 1

Thanks guys,

Ive got the log file attached, however im not sure where to look for the gizmolog. Im not sure what this is or where to find it. Please let me know & i'll do another flight & get both to you.

Thanks for your comments also, appreciate it.

Darran

Log.txt

1 hour ago, Goran_M said:

Gizmolog.txt is also in the root folder.

Thanks, 

Ill get that to you guys this evening after work. Sorry I’m quite new to this thanks for bearing with me. It is likely that it’s something I’m doing wrong rather than an issue with the aircraft I’m pretty sure but I’m just not sure what it is. 
Thanks

9 hours ago, mmerelles said:

When you report a potential bug, or wrong behavior, you should always attach evidence of the aircraft on its own (despite the saab, boeing, or whatever payware or freeware), otherwise the support guys may be chasing an external aircraft application/plugin issue.

To your question: is it normal the aircraft requires full trim up during most phases of flight, the answer is no. I am customer of this aircraft too, the balance and weight, trim works normal to me.

So what then?

-Attaching the real aircraft pictures will show the developers what the aircraft display are saying, despite the third party app.

-Using xplane weight & balance menu is limited and tricky, can lead to weight & balance issues easily. You may consider a third party app for managing the aircraft weight & balance, among other very nice features it provides

Thanks for your input. I will also have a look at that igodespatch. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, darran said:

Thanks, 

Ill get that to you guys this evening after work. Sorry I’m quite new to this thanks for bearing with me. It is likely that it’s something I’m doing wrong rather than an issue with the aircraft I’m pretty sure but I’m just not sure what it is. 
Thanks

We'll get you going soon enough.

Apologies for the delay getting back,

Please find attached files as requested & a screen shot of final approach phase & the weight & balance (set as standard). I believe im doing everything right but please let me klnow if theres any obvious errors in the cockpit screen shot. speeds are ok I believe. trim is always maxed out on approach if i go below 140kts.

Previously ive tried moving the balance slider a bit which does help but if I do that it wounces up & down on taxi.

Note: Im using the cargo variant also.

Thanks, Darran

197670454_X-System27_05_202007_08_38(2).thumb.png.c3c3f4cceda9bcd81af5525ba31b7fb1.png225547193_X-System27_05_202007_28_26(2).thumb.png.0b42cfda0fdebc7a2ead883a9faed6c9.png

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

On 5/19/2020 at 9:22 AM, Goran_M said:

We'll get you going soon enough.

Thanks, 

Iv’e posted the files this morning and a few screen shots. Like I said it’s probably something I’m doing rather than an issue. Hopefully my cabin screenshot will highlight anything obvious. You can see on there the trim indicator maxed out on there. On a cruise it’s normally hovering just above the green but as per the post it’s the approach phase that it’s maxed out. When I disconnect the AP the nose drops and I need quite a bit of pull back on the yoke. If you need any further details please let me know. Thanks again

Edited by darran

On 5/19/2020 at 12:07 AM, mmerelles said:

So what then?

Hello again, 

i’m contemplating getting this app purely on the load control feature. Do you use it yourself & do you know if it integrates with xplane itself to adjust the settings? Thanks 

47 minutes ago, darran said:

Hello again, 

i’m contemplating getting this app purely on the load control feature. Do you use it yourself & do you know if it integrates with xplane itself to adjust the settings? Thanks 

yes it does integrate to xplane. You install the app in your iphone/ipad and you do all the weight and balance programming there over a graphical interface. You configure passengers, payload, fuel, etc. and the app will configure xplane/aircraft when you hit load.

it also offers several other nice features for the flight

• Upvote 1

Darran,

You have several plugins installed, and you are using external hardware.  My suspicion is that one of these is the problem. 

The correct way to diagnose this is to unplug ALL your hardware, remove ALL your plugins except Gizmo, PluginAdmin, and any whose name begins with XP.  Then launch the sim and test.  Another option would be to download the X-Plane demo, install the Saab, and test.  

If the problem is gone, you know it was either a plugin or hardware causing the issue. Place your plugins back in one at a time and test each time.  If the problem returns you know which plugin is causing issues.  Do the same with your hardware, plug each item in one at a time and test. 

Report your findings back here so we can determine your next step.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, JGregory said:

Darran,

You have several plugins installed, and you are using external hardware.  My suspicion is that one of these is the problem. 

The correct way to diagnose this is to unplug ALL your hardware, remove ALL your plugins except Gizmo, PluginAdmin, and any whose name begins with XP.  Then launch the sim and test.  Another option would be to download the X-Plane demo, install the Saab, and test.  

If the problem is gone, you know it was either a plugin or hardware causing the issue. Place your plugins back in one at a time and test each time.  If the problem returns you know which plugin is causing issues.  Do the same with your hardware, plug each item in one at a time and test. 

Report your findings back here so we can determine your next step.

That’s great thanks, I’ll do that and report back. When you say hardware do you mean the saitek Yoke & panels? 
thanks