TBM 900 CTD

Highergrounds

Hi,

I've been experiencing random CTDs when using the TBM900. I'm unable to find a pattern as to when it happens.
Today I've had 2 CTDs. One was during the before startup checklist (engine not yet running), and one in flight. The conditions were fairly similar: Same airport and same route.

I have attached my log.

Thanks in advance

Log.txt

Tried again (at the same airport), and this time it crashed during takeoff. I tried the same departure with another addon aircraft and had no issues.
Btw with CTD I mean that x-plane becomes unresponsive and when I click the window I get a popup from Windows asking if I want to terminate the application. I tried waiting for 5 minutes but that did not change anything.

Right, I failed to specify that:

It happens at random locations. My last 3 tries were at EHAM, but I've had it happen mid flight at FL200 a few times and at other airports as well. The problem is that it is fairly inconsistent to reproduce. Sometimes all goes well for a few flights and then suddenly it hangs. 

I've tried windowed mode. So far so good. It was only one flight though, and as I said, it does not happen every flight.
I'll keep flying in windowed mode and report back if I encounter another crash.

Also, windowed mode takes a lot of immersion out of the experience. Any chance that this will get  fixed?

Edited by Highergrounds

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying that because of the "E/ATC: OH BOY! EHAM SEEMS TO MAYBE HAVE A ONE-WAY PATH TO A DEAD-END!" lines in the log. 
At first that worried me to but according to this thread on the x-plane forums it would not cause a crash:
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/198788-x-plane-1141-multiple-hard-crashes/

I also don't remember installing addon scenery for EHAM.

Attached is a screenshot of the event in the event viewer, in case it could help.

eventvwr.JPG

The only reason I'm suspecting it's your scenery is because the scenery is the final entry in your log file and the TBM uses a terrain radar.  If it reads a bad scenery tile or region, it has the potential to crash.  

An easy method to verify this is to do the same flight 1 or 2 more times over the same scenery.  If it crashes both times, it's all but verified that the scenery is the problem.

Tried the exact same route today and experienced another hang. Not at the same location though. I would think that if it is a scenery issue it would happen at the same place.

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to get out the big guns and do a complete reinstall of x-plane and only install the tbm as addon. We'll see how that goes.

After reinstalling x-plane and only the tbm as addon I got a bit futher into the flight. This time the hang occurred on final for RWY 25L at EDDF. 
Log is attached (I doubt it will be useful, the last entry in the log was about 30 minutes before the crash.

Just out of curiosity: Would it be possible to obtain a refund? I really want this to work out, but I am running out of ideas...

Log.txt

7 hours ago, divinglyc said:

Hi! I am also having frequent CTD with the latest version of TBM + XP 11.41 stable version.

It happens usually within one minute after loading the plane.

Here is my Log.txt.

Please help me, thanks a lot!!

Log.txt

Turn off any AI you have running.  We're trying to figure out why this is happening with co-operation from Laminar.

• Like 1

Anything to do with air traffic.  I think World Traffic from Just Flight works with the TBM without crashing.  They reached out to me about 1-2 months ago and asked for a copy of the TBM to somehow code their AI so it doesn't crash when run with the TBM.  I haven't heard any problems with their version of traffic.  X-Life WILL crash with the TBM, as will the default AI traffic.

• Like 1