Exterior night lighting

ktomais

Hello IXEG team,

One more request/question in the avalanche that has befallen you this past week. :D 

Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure of the capabilities of the sim on the lighting front, so it may be that we already have the best we can get.

However, I was wondering if anything can be done to improve exterior lighting on the IXEG? The cockpit is already pretty great and I'm not sure if anything more can be done there... I am mainly thinking of lights that would also interact with metal surfaces on the real plane, like the flickering of the strobes, the anti-collision light as well as inboard landing and runway turn-offs. Especially for the latter ones I would expect the light also illuminating the side of the engine by the fuselage for instance, or the anti-collision also illuminating the roof of the fuselage red etc etc and generally how materials would look like if lit.

Is there room for improvement here? 

Thank you for your continuous work, and the details that you keep adding recently from running user feedback!

• Upvote 1

There certainly is room for improvement. We have increased external lighting already a bit (landing lights, taxi light, turnoff lights) - and will certainly look at other external lights over the course of the next weeks as well...

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2