brakes auto

During flight I put the auto brakes on 3 but after landed the brakes dont react.

I have to use the normal full brake assignment to stop the plane.

my question is: do I have to arm somewhere or is it something else what's wrong.

with the joystick assigned for full braking I can stop the plane.

A last question is the oil quantity which some times is different from each other.

can I do something to change that?

B733 - 2020-05-07 17.20.42.png

Hi!

1.) It is very important to not brake manually (at all) for the autobrakes to work. If you brake manually, even for a very short time, they will "disarm" (the orange light comes on) and not work anymore. It is also important to reduce thrust to idle at touchdown for them to work.

2.) The oil quantity in the real aircraft is basically NEVER the same. It would be pure coincidence if they were ;-)

Cheers, Jan

27 minutes ago, doebro2010 said:

1- I dont use the brakes manually but the auto brakes dont work at touch down, thats my problem.

but what I did not do is the auto thrust reducing.

2-is the oil quantity a given info and can I not change it?

Ok, try again with thrust at idle - thrust levers must be at the rear stop for the autobrake to work. It is a safety feature - otherwise the brake may try to slow down the aircraft if the pilot wants to abort the landing and take off again.

No, the oil quantity can not be changed by the user...and just to quantify the urgency if this as a feature request - this is the first time I heard someone have a problem with that ;-)

If you find the oil quantity at dispatch (engines off) be at 3 gallons or below...then we would have something more urgent to fix (minimum dispatch amount).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

I disengaged the A/T and let the manual throttle to almost zero and landed.

the brakes on 3 and I didnot touch any brakes but it didnot work.

any suggestions?

No the oil is not a problem I only notice that in some cases the levels are different but in most cases it is equel

Hmm, did the "autobrake disarm" light illuminate during the landing roll?

Or maybe the plane IS braking but it feels like it is braking too slow?

All I can say is that it works fine on my end. Maybe you can tape your landing and post a youtube video of it (showing the region of the instrument panel, engine instruments and autobrake switch...)?

Cheers, Jan

Yes. The light says "autobrake disarm". It says so, because when it lights up, the autobrakes are disarmed. In other words - they are not working.

The reason is because something is "disarming" the autobrakes in your aircraft. I tried to explain how it works, but I feel we are going in circles - it is pretty complicated system.

The autobrakes are working fine on this aircraft - just like they do on the real aircraft, same logic. If you can´t get them to work, I would suggest just using manual braking - this is perfectly acceptable.

If you really want to find out and understand the system, I would suggest to google "737 autobrake system" and I am sure you can find a good explanation online.

Cheers, Jan

44 minutes ago, doebro2010 said:

I do not have the feeling to be in circles, you ask me if the lights light up.

but probebly a xp11 question regarding settings.

will try to solve it.

thanks for helping.

Plz check if you have any noise in your joystick axies and buttons. That could be a potential cause of the issue. :)

• 1 month later...

Is this accurate Jan, I just tested it and you do need the spoilers armed.

Below are the conditions for auto brake for a -800, spoilers don’t appear to need to be armed, how does a -300 differ and are all conditions simulated in our sim?

Cheers

The autobrake will engage upon landing, when the following conditions are met:

(i)    The appropriate setting on the auto brake selector knob (1, 2, 3 or MAX) is set;
(ii)    The throttle thrust levers are in the idle position immediately prior to touchdown; and,  
(iii)   The main wheels spin-up.

If the autobrake has not been selected before landing, it can still be engaged after touchdown, providing the aircraft has not decelerated below 60 knots.

To disengage the autobrake system, any one of the following conditions must be met:

(i)   The autobrake selector knob is turned to OFF (autobrake disarm annunciator will not illuminate);
(ii)  The speed brake lever is moved to the down detent position;
(iii) The thrust levers are advanced from idle to forward thrust (except during the first 3 seconds of landing); or,
(iv)  Either pilot applies manual braking.

The last three points (ii iii and iv) will cause the autobrake disarm annunciator to illuminate for 2 seconds before extinguishing.

Edited by Iain

Off the top of my head there are just a few minor differences.

In the real plane the spoilers don´t have to be armed for the autobrake to engage - if this is the case in our aircraft then this is a bug (but I will have to file with Laminar to resolve it, as we use their autobrake system).

I don´t think you can engage the autobrake after landing, at least I was not aware of such a function and it was not mentioned in the manual. If you try to move the selector to one of the autobrake settings with your speed above 60 kts would simply show the DISARM light.

When the autobrake gets disarmed after landing (your points ii-iv) the DISARM light will stay lit until the selector is moved to the OFF position.

Cheers, Jan

Good info Jan, auto brakes don’t work if you turn them on after td but above 60kts, but I don’t think we need to fix that!  Working when spoiler is not armed would be good, obviously not for me, I have never ever ever ever forgot any checklist item ever!

Edited by Iain
  • Like 1