Announcing Douglas DC-3 v2 - Previews!

18 hours ago, Cameron said:

a. Maintenance: Keeping track of aircraft and engines operating hours and execute maintenance as required.

Among many other good stuff, i love the idea to feel the bird alive and care about her...

She'll be in my hangar for sure! Can't wait!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Adding to what Goran said, it was also stated in the original announcement you're replying to that this would be the case.

I'm sure, but I was under a spell by those fantastic screen grabs he shared. :lol:

But thanks to both of you for confirming. I'll clear my calendar for some DC-3 refresher training, I know this one is going to be good. :)

• Like 2

Flight deck looks nice! Seems to be new - nice yellow label from left overhead panel with handwritten note "Instrument lights" is gone. BTW this label is present in X-Plane  Mobile DC-3, it this addon created also by LES? 

21 minutes ago, pots said:

Flight deck looks nice! Seems to be new - nice yellow label from left overhead panel with handwritten note "Instrument lights" is gone. BTW this label is present in X-Plane  Mobile DC-3, it this addon created also by LES? 

Yes.

Hello X-Aviation !

Such a good news, many good Dakotas inbound, we prop era fanatics couldn't be happier ahha !

I'd like to gratfully propose you to include my highly accurate Hamilton Standard Hydromatic 23E50/6477A-0 propellers in your big upgrade. I modelled them as accurately as possible, owning one blade of the real deal helped a lot to nail the complex shape and airfoil of this airscrew.

Let me know ;-)

Good luck in this update ;)

1.jpg

4.jpg

1.png

2.png

3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, StefanH75 said:

Ist it still in development or can I stop waiting?

I owe to do a post showing in detail what we are working on. As Goran said, we are adding more than originally planned. 

If you have discord, feel free to join us there, where we talk (and show progress) almost daily. https://discord.gg/tQWCRGngcw

Edited by airfighter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StefanH75 said:

So it is still in development. That's great, but be aware, competition is not sleeping. Airfoillabs has announced a C47/DC3. However, I'm still looking forward to the LES DC-3.

It all comes down to what people want.

Personally, I don't know why they want to make a DC3 with 2 other payware versions (ours included) and also a freeware version already out there.  But anyway...