Poll: Remove the GUI for preset views?

Litjan

Remove the "Preset View" GUI pop-out panel?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should we remove the preset view pop-out panel?

• Yes, please remove it. I don´t need or use it.
    • No, I like and use it all the time. Please keep it!

Hi everyone,

we consider removing the "preset views" pop-out panel that triggers when you bump the mouse against the bottom left corner of your screen.

It is one more thing to port when moving to a new GUI.

It is redundant - now that X-Plane has up to 10 view saving spots that can be configured freely.

It can be bothering people when it pops out unwarranted.

What do you think?

Well, we had almost 90% in favour...but that means that we would still make over 10% unhappy, if we removed it. And we don´t like to make users unhappy (more than absolutely necessary). So it will be the best of both worlds: We will add an option to the preferences menu.

Thanks to everyone who voted,

Jan

• Like 3

I used it for a bit until I realised that it's best to be consistent with the view system one uses. It's either the custom aircraft views or the native X-Plane views, but no mixing!

This is because I have my hat switch set to "glance left/right" on the side buttons, but to "Captain" and "IFR" views on the up/down buttons. I had to remap de Captain and IFR views to native X-Plane views for the transition between the glances and the views to work properly.

Lengthy explanation but my conclusion is: get rid of it.

45 minutes ago, DoubleWhisky said:

Can't this window remain optional?

On 5/10/2020 at 7:27 AM, Litjan said:

Well, we had almost 90% in favour...but that means that we would still make over 10% unhappy, if we removed it. And we don´t like to make users unhappy (more than absolutely necessary). So it will be the best of both worlds: We will add an option to the preferences menu.

Thanks to everyone who voted,

Jan

That is what they are doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank God!  I hate those windows.  I use a two monitor setup like most flight simmers, with my non-XPlane monitor on the left.  Every time I would move the mouse cursor to the left monitor, it would trigger one of those flyout windows.  Super annoying.

Glad this will be an option to disable.

• Like 1