Flap handle reacting slow

SkyFly

Hello IXEG team,

when I initiate a go-around I immediatly give two or three times (depending of my approach flap setting) "flaps one notch up" command via keyboard or joystick wich should put the flap handle into the flaps 15 notch.

But, if I click really fast, and most of the times I do, I end up with flaps 25 because the flap handle lags behind. It seems like it has to finish its animation before it can successfully execute another "flaps one notch up" command. 

Hmm, I just tried - I can click the button on my joystick assigned to "one notch up" as fast as possible and don´t see anything like you show.

There are also separate commands in the IXEG command menu for every flap setting - so you can just map a button to "flaps 15" and that should take care of the problem.

Cheers, Jan

1 minute ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, I just tried - I can click the button on my joystick assigned to "one notch up" as fast as possible and don´t see anything like you show.

There are also separate commands in the IXEG command menu for every flap setting - so you can just map a button to "flaps 15" and that should take care of the problem.

Cheers, Jan

Hmm. Unfortunately I don´t have enough buttons for that. Weird behaviour.  Have you tried it with the keyboard?

Edited by SkyFly

I´ll wait for the next update and then fiddle around. Maybe it´s just a weird querk with this specific installation of the IXEG or X-Plane. The fact that you don´t encounter the problem is kinda confusing.  :blink::wacko:  To make things a littel more specific: I use JoyToKey and have the joystick button assigned to the Keyboard key. So basicly I´m just pressing the keyboard button with then is connected with the "flaps one notch up" command. Maybe it´s my keyboard something?  Idk. :wacko: Obviously if you guys don´t have the bug, you can´t fix it. I will find a workaround.

Thanks anyways.

No problem - I haven´t heard of this before - maybe some more people will sound off with the same problem, then we have something to troubleshoot.

Not quite sure I understand the "JoyToKey" concept...why don´t you just map the button directly to the command via native X-Plane?

Hope you find the solution, viele Grüße, Jan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Litjan said:

No problem - I haven´t heard of this before - maybe some more people will sound off with the same problem, then we have something to troubleshoot.

Not quite sure I understand the "JoyToKey" concept...why don´t you just map the button directly to the command via native X-Plane?

Hope you find the solution, viele Grüße, Jan

My setup is way too complicated to explain in a few sentences. But basicly, JoyToKey gives you much more posibilities in terms of profiles, multibindings, profile roation and so on.  So What I´ve done now, I can hold the flap up button on my throttle and it will repeat the command two times a second als long as I hold the button. So now I just have to get used to holding it down  when going-around. Don´t know why I didn´t use this feature earlier. :mellow:

So, workaround fot the problem is found.

• Like 1