Help with Rudder Trim please?

SHaines

I have done a number of flights now in the TBM900 and notice often on takeoff that the airplane veers to the left. Ordinarily I would expect the opposite effect from the prop, however I notice the rudder trim indicator is always to the left of the centerline. I do not have rudder pedals in my sim setup. Instead I use the paddles on my CH Eclipse yoke, which seem to work perfectly. I tried adjusting the rudder trim with these and while it turned the actual rudder (and front gear) quite well, it did nothing to the rudder trim indicator in the MFD. Can anyone tell me if rudder trim has been implemented in this version of the TBM and if so how it's done? I have been unable to find any instructions for this in any of the documents that come with the aircraft. Thanks much for any guidance on this. —SH 

Rudder trim is done from the "hat switch" on the left handle of the yoke... YL and YR for Yaw Left and Yaw Right. For takeoff you should trim your rudder to the right of centre but not quite on the green mark... I think this might also depend on your takeoff weights etc., not 100% sure.

You can also map your joystick buttons to Yaw trim left and Yaw trim right.

Capture5.thumb.JPG.38fad2e3cf2fc29c05e9b819324b5f91.JPG

@jfjoubert

Brilliant! Thank you VERY much for this tip. I will execute on my next flight. On my last flight (today), anticipating the veer to the left I held my right yoke paddle (right rudder) just a bit and it worked very well. Had a nice smooth takeoff straight down the runway. But I will definitely map the L/R yaw to either a button or maybe one of my unused levers. Thanks again! —SteveH