Sun gone when plug-in disabled

Gildahl

I just recently installed SkyMaxx Pro (on X-Plane 11 b6 right now).  I like it but find that under certain flying conditions--I like to disable it.  Mostly, when I want max FPS.  However, when I disable the SkyMaxx plug-in, the sun goes missing from the sky and returns only when I go back to SkyMaxx.  I can't say 100% that SkyMaxx is at fault here since I just noticed this, but I'm curious as to whether anyone has seen this sort of thing and what the solution might be. 

I can now confirm that this does happen.  After a fresh install of X-Plane 11, I confirmed the sun was there.  I then installed SkyMaxx Pro and observed SkyMaxx's version of the sun; but if I now disable SkyMaxx through the plug-in menu, the sun disappears.  This means you can't disable SkyMaxx and expect to still see the sun.  And since the plug-in always gets re-enabled when you restart the sim, it doesn't matter that SkyMaxx replaces textures when it shuts down since they just get replaced again when you start the sim back up.  Of course, if I uninstall (rather than disable) SkyMaxx, I can get the default sun back, but that wasn't what I was after.  In any case, this isn't a bug or a complaint.  I realize it's just the way it works.  But it is a real behavior.

It is just the way it works. Even if we were to restore the default sun texture when you disable SkyMaxx via the plugin admin menu, it wouldn't cause X-Plane to reload it.

What you'd want is a feature in X-Plane that allows you to disable plugins in such a manner that they don't get reloaded when you restart X-Plane.

3 hours ago, sundog said:

It is just the way it works. Even if we were to restore the default sun texture when you disable SkyMaxx via the plugin admin menu, it wouldn't cause X-Plane to reload it.

What you'd want is a feature in X-Plane that allows you to disable plugins in such a manner that they don't get reloaded when you restart X-Plane.

Yup.  That would be nice.