BN-2 Islander v1.0.1 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.1 update for the BN-2 Islander. All customers who have purchased the BN-2 Islander up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the BN-2 Islander from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.1 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original BN-2 Islander download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements / New Features:

• [IS-27] - FMOD Soundpack Revamp
  • [IS-311] - Custom Dataref for FMOD door opening
  • [IS-184] - Paintkit PSD files
  • [IS-280] - Night lighting of passenger notices.
  • [IS-296] - Change headset click spot to be easier to find
  • [IS-302] - Animate brake pedal action
  • [IS-170] - Prop Disc updated

Bug Fixes:

• [IS-249] - R/H Engine Magneto No. 2 No Sound TSBUG-93
  • [IS-266] - Pitot and Stall Heat switch has no sound for 'off'
  • [IS-267] - Screechy tires sound plays even on grass/dirt
  • [IS-274] - Window opening should not trigger door annunciator
  • [IS-277] - [Ver 1.0.0] External engine sound TSBUG-104
  • [IS-278] - [Ver 1.0.0] Prop Animation TSBUG-105
  • [IS-283] - Anti-ice switches not functional
  • [IS-284] - ACF Missing ICAO in Plane Maker
  • [IS-287] - Make covers integrate with X-Plane
  • [IS-290] - Cockpit lights work without battery on
  • [IS-292] - 3D people not in G5 ACF
  • [IS-293] - N203PR livery: Some of the yellow paint appears to have 'spilled' over onto the brake lines
  • [IS-301] - Elevator trim bug too wide
  • [IS-303] - Right-hand passenger on row 3 is too tall! headset clips the ceiling.
  • [IS-304] - Headsets are 20% to large
  • [IS-310] - 3D people (co pilot+pax) TSBUG-118
  • [IS-313] - [AFM-116] Static Wicks should be black
  • [IS-314] - RH main gear tires have no wear pattern
  • [IS-317] - Fuel selectors left doesn't work properly with mouse wheel
  • [IS-318] - Prop discs rotate the wrong way

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 3

Die Landelichter sind am Tag nicht sichtbar und bei Dunkelheit nur ein weißes Licht:huh:  Der Sound ist nach dem Update deutlich besser:). Vielen Dank 

The landing lights are not visible during the day and only a white light in the dark. The sound is much better after the update. Thanks a lot

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the update. Great to see devs commitment to getting everything right.

Some small issues still remain,

1. External sounds when using headphones are also muted (not sure if that is a feature or bug)

2. Internal passenger signs (top right of overhead panel) dont appear to work

3. Mag switches dont impact on engine performance (again not sure if this is a feature)

4. Ingratiation with Saitek Switch Panel (not sure if you can help) most aircraft afaik work with this switch panel, battery, lights etc. The switches work but dont move anything inside the cockpit.

5. Landing lights and beacon dont seem to work during day time

Not sure if this is just isolated to my setup but I thought Id share.

The sounds are much better now. 

Thanks again and looking forward to the next update

5 minutes ago, jc55jc said:

v1.0.1 UPDATE.

With this update Parking Brake is in the off position by default and does not respond to mouse nor keyboard commands.

Please advise.

Thanks

Log.txt

Not sure if its related but I can see that the Real View plugin is causing all sorts of errors...

Maybe try disable that first and see what happens. Also, try binding a different key to set parking brake to see if that rules out a click spot...

Edited by Twotonemurphy

3 hours ago, Twotonemurphy said:

Not sure if its related but I can see that the Real View plugin is causing all sorts of errors...

Maybe try disable that first and see what happens. Also, try binding a different key to set parking brake to see if that rules out a click spot...

Thank you for the prompt response.

Removed Real View plugin. Result is the same. 

Also, don't know if it is important, but when I apply the foot brakes, the pedals don't move forward in a smooth motion. They jump forward and back.

Don't know if the brakes work, since I have not started the aircraft because of the Parking Brake issue.

Log.txt

7 hours ago, jc55jc said:

Thank you for the prompt response.

Removed Real View plugin. Result is the same. 

Also, don't know if it is important, but when I apply the foot brakes, the pedals don't move forward in a smooth motion. They jump forward and back.

Don't know if the brakes work, since I have not started the aircraft because of the Parking Brake issue.

Log.txt

Most likely the chocks are engaged, check on the side tab menu to make sure the chocks are removed. 

Hi Coop,

Thanks for the response.

You are right, when I disengage the chocks the Parking Brake lever can be moved and responds to both mouse and key commands..

What threw me off was that before the update, the Parking Brake was in the ON position by default.

You guys are the best.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Can somebody that knows how the Carb temperature and carb heater work take a look? I did kind of feel wrong when I was flying, but I have compared it now with the SF260. There the carb temperature actually drops with adding engine power (maybe because more air is moved by the propeller inside the engine?) but only up to a point after that the temperature starts rising with adding thrust. And it's actually the same for the BN-2, only that in the BN-2 the gauge does something crazy, when it comes to the moment that the temperature stops going down and should start to rise with adding thrust it suddenly jumps to the other side of the icing zone. Also, at least a small delay in the reaction to adding heat might look better.

That saying, I have no idea how it works in reality, maybe that's what the BN-2 does :)

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic