Installation in Alabeo C177RG

Mike Cameron

Just purchased today and works good in C172SP.   I followed the instructions to install the plugin into the aircraft folder but that is where my understanding ends.  I cannot make sense of the instructions to make a window of of the G5 in my aircraft.   I opened AcfConfig but do not know what to do next.  It seems needlessly difficult for someone who is not an expert in X-Plane.  This needs a plugin item to show the G5 as a window.  A step by step simple procedure would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

2 hours ago, Mike Cameron said:

Just purchased today and works good in C172SP.   I followed the instructions to install the plugin into the aircraft folder but that is where my understanding ends.  I cannot make sense of the instructions to make a window of of the G5 in my aircraft.   I opened AcfConfig but do not know what to do next.  It seems needlessly difficult for someone who is not an expert in X-Plane.  This needs a plugin item to show the G5 as a window.  A step by step simple procedure would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Hi Mike,

For using it as a popup there is quite little that actually needs to be done in the acfConfig (and even less in the coming update 1.1.0). If you go to the X-Plane command window, you can bind a keyboard or joystick key to open the G5 windows. If you search afm/g5/cmd you should see the commands under popup for both a and b.

Good idea on the plugin item: I will add that to the list!

Edited by Coop

54 minutes ago, Mike Cameron said:

Thanks, that worked.  Only issue now is when I turn on the avionics,  the top G5 instrument is partially displayed on the transponder screen and the bottom instrument partially displays on the aircraft's autopilot.  They both still work, just distracting.

Mike

Sent you a beta copy to try that should simplify this

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, n864jf@gmail.com said:

I to tried to install the G5 into the Alabeo C177RG, and the g5 displays on the transponder and auto pilot screen and not the instrument location.  Please assist.

Thanks

John

Sent via your ticket :)