Switches not working

Nils-Erik

Hello all

Just bought this one, and find the switches not working. Mags, starters, circuit breakers, etc, shows and icon (hand) when hovering over it but nothing happens. I can move the throttle levers and yoke using the mouse (havent assigned any yoke. etc, yet)

XPUIPC is known to cause issues like that, but taking that folder out didn't help.

Regards

Nils-Erik

2 minutes ago, phalstar said:

so not sure if it's this simple, but you have to drag the switches to use them. It's a bit odd (binary switches are usually clickable in X-Plane). Are you just clicking them or click-dragging them?

I had the same issue. I'd prefer to just click them to toggle. thi sclick/drag is very strange, in my opinion. maybe there can be a preference to be set.

I have tried both clicking and dragging. If i just click, nothing happens. If i drag there is a sound, and it is the same sound no matters what switch i am dragging. Yet nothing happens. If i assign a switch to master battery, power comes on, but the switch don't move.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Nils-Erik

Hi guys! We've heard about the switches and preferences regarding those, and the click-switches should be included in the 1.1 update, possibly even with an option to switch between those and the click-and-drag version.

We'll get the 'switches not working' issue resolved once the rest of the team is back up, but right now they're catching some well-deserved rest.

Thanks for your patience, guys! 

Edited by TS_Ulrich

8 hours ago, Nils-Erik said:

I have tried both clicking and dragging. If i just click, nothing happens. If i drag there is a sound, and it is the same sound no matters what switch i am dragging. Yet nothing happens. If i assign a switch to master battery, power comes on, but the switch don't move.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Nils-Erik

Can you upload the log.txt file so we can take a look? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Nils-Erik said:

Sure here you go. There is a lot of failures on the sounds, but i am not sure what that means.

/Nils-Erik

Log.txt

Hi! The version of XGS Landing Speed plugin you have installed prevents our plugin from loading. It appears that they have updated their plugin to prevent this issue, let us know if replacing it with the update here works! https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/45734-landing-speed-plugin-xgs-reloaded/

Hi, just completed my first flight, Love it!  a few issues. I am using Precision Flight Controls hardware, (C2 Professional Console, Advanced digital avionics and cirrus rudder pedals)  All avionics are working, flight controls, throttle quadrant, flaps and trim wheel, parking brake, rudder pedals and brakes all working. Non of my switches for lights and electrics are communicating with the sim (I have to use the mouse) My hardware works with every aircraft I have in XPlane 11...…..can we get a fix for this? Lot of cash investment just sitting here that's a big detractor for this product if it wont communicate with my hardware fully. Thanks

Hi @DB Marsh

All of our light and electrical switches are tied to custom datarefs, not the default ones. This was done in order to intergrate them with our electrical system. If you would like your hardware to communicate with our plugin, I'd suggest the following:

Make a separate controls profile for the Islander. Then, with the aircraft loaded, in Settings -> Joystick edit your button assignments to use the commands made for the Islander. Just type 'islander' into the search box, and it should give the whole list.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, Coop said:

Hi! The version of XGS Landing Speed plugin you have installed prevents our plugin from loading. It appears that they have updated their plugin to prevent this issue, let us know if replacing it with the update here works! https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/45734-landing-speed-plugin-xgs-reloaded/

Hi there - I don't have this landing rate plugin that everyone is referring to. And I'm having the same issues. No switches are working. They make a strange sound but won't move.

My log.txt included.

Log.txt

35 minutes ago, Sdwr87 said:

Hi there - I don't have this landing rate plugin that everyone is referring to. And I'm having the same issues. No switches are working. They make a strange sound but won't move.

My log.txt included.

Log.txt 90.11 kB · 0 downloads

The issue is shown in your log:

C:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/TorqueSim BN-2 Islander/plugins/is_systems/win_x64/is_systems.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.

The fix is in the help desk thread here: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/topic/81283878-8875-4bdf-90fa-f832f9b98002/article/128188431

And to think I scanned that document twice for errors. My apologies - thanks for the very quick response. I'll give it a shot.

Edit: I thought I had to install the Visual Studio thing for one/more of the other products downloaded from X Aviation. So I assumed that could not have been the problem anyways. I'll re-install it and see what happens. Thanks again!

Edited by Sdwr87

• 9 months later...