New install, TBM 900 causes crash

PhoenixNelson

8 hours ago, dmvega81 said:

Hello, I bought the plane couple of days ago but I have same issue, after a few minutes I load the airplane X-Plane crashes. I am using AMD (CPU and GPU) + Vulkan + Win10.

GizmoLog.txt 1.95 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 59.75 kB · 0 downloads TBM900_Log.txt 46.3 kB · 0 downloads

Does it crash while using OpenGL?

I'm assuming you're running X-Plane in full screen mode.  If so, there is a known issue with running X-Plane in full screen mode with AMD GPU's.  If you have been running it in full screen mode, can you try Windowed mode, or, if you must run it in full screen mode, have another window open in the background.  

Please post back results.

Thank Goran for the quick response, but I run X-Plane in windowed mode because for an unknown reason I get better FPS windowed, so I use it that way. I can fly the aircraft in OpenGL without problems, and I really liked, I tested in two flights and I think this one will be my favorite, I hope I can use it with Vulkan because FPS drops to half using OpenGL

thanks 

Edited by dmvega81

• 1 month later...

Rx580 here. Wont work with vulkan and tbm900. Get CTD every time, whilst loading initial rendering. However, works fine without vulkan. Latest AMD drivers, but also previous amd driver version, same problem. steam version of x plane, so updated. I removed all my orbx scenery but same problem, without it. 

I guess i'm just going to have to accept that my favourite plane wont work properly, with this crappy GPU? 

thanks for any advice.

Log.txt

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The 580 isn't that old.  mid 2017 if memory serves.  Have you tried removing all 3rd party plugins and trying again?

Hi Goran; thanks for your quick response. Sorry to have wasted your time;  I followed dmvega81's response to you, rather than what you said to them!

Looks like my issue was the fullscreen vs windowed screen amd problem. I went back and tried again in windowed mode, and everything loads up correctly and works fine; even if I then return to fullscreen mode, once it is all loaded.

My favourite plane is back! now I just need a better GPU!

thanks again

If i install tbm, it runs only once with vulkan, then crashes the each time i try after.  also xplane crashes on startup with gizmo plug in installed.  so i can't fly ixeg either.  I've tried gizmo and gizmo beta.  windowed mode trick seems to work for me as well.

rx480 8gb

Edited by 777

9 hours ago, 777 said:

If i install tbm, it runs only once with vulkan, then crashes the each time i try after.  also xplane crashes on startup with gizmo plug in installed.  so i can't fly ixeg either.  I've tried gizmo and gizmo beta.  windowed mode trick seems to work for me as well.

rx480 8gb

No log files. Can't offer any help.

18 hours ago, 777 said:

this is the log from the start up crash, x-plane starts to load and then I get the crash screen.

many thanks.

Log.txt 20.84 kB · 1 download GizmoLog.txt 776 B · 0 downloads

Do you have any unusual USB peripherals plugged in? Looks like X-Plane is crashing just as it's starting to list/scan the USB HID devices...

Try unplugging any non essential USB items and see if X-Plane will start up..

Hi, 

things plugged in are x52 pro. oculus rift cv1 & 2 sensors.  logitech stereo 650e headset.  tp link usb bluetooth dongle. logitech g203 mouse, dell keyboard. brother printer (but it's off most of the time)  i have a startech sata/usb adapter i sometimes use but it's not plugged in at the moment.

The weird thing is, if I restart the pc, open x-plane (vulkan) i get a crash first try, if I reload x-plane (it switches to opengl itself) it loads fine, I go back into settings & I tick the box to enable vulkan again, close and start x-plane again, then it starts fine without crashing.

If you need any more info I can send other logs or whatever you think is helpful.

Many thanks.

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, troyboy said:

I just purchased this aircraft too and it simply won’t load, huge lag and issues. 

im using a iMac, everything else works fine, just this aircraft is unusable. 

look forward to getting your help and sorting:) 

Can you post your iMac specs, and also a log file.