Islander Sounds

hamoody

First of all, thank you very much for this plane! I've been waiting for an Islander in the sim for a while and yours is great. I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with it. 

My first impressions are good, however there's one area I feel can be improved on: the sounds. The sounds at idle seem ok, but they really seem to miss the loud, guttural roar of the engines when the power is brought to flight range. This seems to be the case both inside and out.

Here are some videos highlighting the sounds of the plane. 

Just as a quick addition, the old Flight1 Islander that I enjoyed in my FSX days seemed to have replicated the sounds of the Islander very well

Thanks for considering this! In any case, this is a great plane that I can't wait to take on a full test flight. 

Folks,

Awesome delivery on the Islander.  While I have not taken the aircraft through much of its paces (1200 hrs) in the real aircraft.  I do have to agree that the sounds have room for improvement.  Added to that the cockpit of the BN-2 especially if aged or not well maintained has its own unique sounds when moving the power/condition and mixture levers, the rudder pedals when moved tend to have a bit of a squeaking noise (these are not critical but would add a nice touch the immersion).  One other noticeable thing, the sound in the cockpit is much louder when the captain's side window is opened with the engine running.

Look forward to continued development on the aircraft, great job thus far.

Cheers

I personally have a headache from how loud these engine have been while developing the FMOD. A bug threw all my hard work out the window. I have isolated the issue, attacked it and am making improvements. The engine recording were some of the best I have had the pleasure of working with. Just be careful what you wish for....lol

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I personally have a headache from how loud these engine have been while developing the FMOD. A bug threw all my hard work out the window. I have isolated the issue, attacked it and am making improvements. The engine recording were some of the best I have had the pleasure of working with. Just be careful what you wish for....lol

can't wait! do you know what an update will be available?

2 hours ago, jimismygranpappy said:

was gonna say more but what's the point of trash talking it,

Except that's all you've decided to try and do. Might as well call a spade a spade.

Please find the time to respond here when you can: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17611-initial-observations/?do=findComment&comment=148358

32 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

Thanks for this wonderful plane. Fun to fly. I don’t think the sounds are that bad. 

Glad you enjoy! :)

Yeah, i think at certain settings (RPM?) there is some kind of Doppler?effect happening 

I guess in this Video i filmed in 2008 at EDXN the "brutal" sound of the BN is obvious 

1 hour ago, sdflyer said:

Just found another minor thing. When window open on pilot side sound doesn't change.

Also , I'm not sure if it possible but if engines rpm nos sync it would be great to hear "waawwaaa" if you know what I mean :)

Edited by flieger28