Initial observations

sdflyer

OK few things:

Observations: When head set is on there shouldn't be any ambient nose of wind or squeaking sound! I can tell you it as long time user of Bose A20! Also when head set is on and external view is selected for some reason sound is muted. External view sound shouldn't be affected  whether pilot wearing head set or not.

Circuit breakers are functional this is awesome! Unfortunately cockpit utility light doesn't move. Will they in nearest future?

Again it would be great to see checklist, manual, power settings!

Thanks for the first islander in BN2, I loved this ac in FSX from Flight One

Ok here are my first observations:

- there is no manual in the aircraft bundle

- it's hard to find the load manager (Coop helped me in another thread, thx ;) )

- landing lights seems to be too weak

- texture of the cockpit could have a better quality, it looks too flat to me

- some lights are on with battery off on the audio panel

- sounds need to be tweaked, I am missing the "power" of the engines

Waiting for the next update, also with GTN750 Support :)

11 minutes ago, CedGauche said:

Thanks for the first islander in BN2, I loved this ac in FSX from Flight One

Ok here are my first observations:

- there is no manual in the aircraft bundle

- it's hard to find the load manager (Coop helped me in another thread, thx ;) )

- landing lights seems to be too weak

- texture of the cockpit could have a better quality, it looks too flat to me

- some lights are on with battery off on the audio panel

- sounds need to be tweaked, I am missing the "power" of the engines

Waiting for the next update, also with GTN750 Support :)

These will be added in for sure :)

Regarding the textures, the panel we modeled has this look, which we mimicked.

This mod by one of our devs might be of interest to you though: 

4 hours ago, sdflyer said:

OK few things:

Observations: When head set is on there shouldn't be any ambient nose of wind or squeaking sound! I can tell you it as long time user of Bose A20! Also when head set is on and external view is selected for some reason sound is muted. External view sound shouldn't be affected  whether pilot wearing head set or not.

Circuit breakers are functional this is awesome! Unfortunately cockpit utility light doesn't move. Will they in nearest future?

Again it would be great to see checklist, manual, power settings!

The FMOD is being worked on to make those engines roar as they should ;) 

Re: Utility light, not sure. I filed an issue on it though, once we get through the bigger bugs we will see if we can get that added.

For the manual, the first manual didn't make the 1.0 cut, it is posted online here and will be bundled with all further versions.

10 hours ago, Coop said:

The FMOD is being worked on to make those engines roar as they should ;) 

Re: Utility light, not sure. I filed an issue on it though, once we get through the bigger bugs we will see if we can get that added.

For the manual, the first manual didn't make the 1.0 cut, it is posted online here and will be bundled with all further versions.

Thanks for the answers. Regarding upcoming patch are we talking weeks or months?

1 hour ago, sdflyer said:

Thanks for the answers. Regarding upcoming patch are we talking weeks or months?

I think a better question would be hours or days ;) We will get the patch out for the low hanging fruit and most critical issues ASAP. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My first observations

Nice outside model of the plane
Very stable in flight, you can trim it and it is flying. Corresponds with what i experienced, the one time i had the opportunity to be in control of an Islander. 
 The sound after shutdown is perfect. The ticking of the engines. Great. 
Flap Sound is also very good in my opinion. 

Sounds are okay, but could improve, i guess.
No tire sound when landing, also no ratteling sounds
No landing light (at least not for me).
No German livery :( (OFD, former OFD would be nice)

Integration with FSE would be nice. In a way that when i load 2 passengers via FSE, 2 Passengers are shown in the cabin. (but that's only a nice to have one"

And i really like the fact, that it seems that the developers "care" what the customers are saying.

All in all i'm very pleased 

At least i heard the horn. But nothing fancy happening. And i guess that it's what it does in RL

27 minutes ago, jimismygranpappy said:

anyone try simply stalling the aircraft yet? it doesn't 

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 20.40.03.28.jpg

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 20.55.55.87.jpg

X-Plane Screenshot 2020.04.25 - 21.00.55.42.jpg

54 minutes ago, jimismygranpappy said:

anyone try simply stalling the aircraft yet? it doesn't 

The stall behavior was carefully tuned to match the real aircraft's performance. The wings on the Islander allow for quite high AOA before stalling, making them tricky to stall. The violent behavior seen in the video above is due in part to rapidly the changing C/G with the skydivers in addition to an already high AOA. 

Our testing team, with quite a few Islander pilots on it, feels that the flight dynamics are pretty dead-on, we have a few tweaks coming to improve little bits though, of course.

39 minutes ago, Coop said:

The stall behavior was carefully tuned to match the real aircraft's performance. The wings on the Islander allow for quite high AOA before stalling, making them tricky to stall. The violent behavior seen in the video above is due in part to rapidly the changing C/G with the skydivers in addition to an already high AOA. 

Our testing team, with quite a few Islander pilots on it, feels that the flight dynamics are pretty dead-on, we have a few tweaks coming to improve little bits though, of course.

i understand that, but you can't get this thing to wing over even if you try let alone spin, not to mention it's really easy to handle in 20 kt crosswinds and turbulence which is well unrealistic, I personally do not love it (sorry), even the "wonderful" 4k textures are quite dull, simply put not what i expected and hopefully updates will help this thing out as there are no refunds. it wasn't cheap, anyway i'm sure you guys do great work and will fix this (all the bugs like sounds lights etc) but now i am weary of clicking purchase on the pocket rocket i wanted so badly. 

x aviation seems to only publish tail kissing 5 star reviews, its a shame 

Edited by jimismygranpappy
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jimismygranpappy said:

i understand that, but you can't get this thing to wing over even if you try let alone spin, not to mention it's really easy to handle in 20 kt crosswinds and turbulence which is well unrealistic

Out of curiosity, what are your qualifications to be making these statements? They're rather bold.

You have flat out tried to tell an aeronautical engineer that something is behaving unrealistic (and used a video as proof), but he tried to explain to you what was actually happening in the video and why that is NOT realistic to normal ops of the aircraft sans people moving around in it with a high AOA and ever-changing CG.

Furthermore, numerous REAL WORLD Islander pilots were on the test team providing feedback and signing off on this before release.

To me, this seems more of you not really knowing this aircrafts characteristics, but instead just guessing/assuming.

I'm all for you having an opinion on aspects you personally don't enjoy (like sounds or textures), but if you're going to trash talk flight models at least back it up with something more valid than a parachuting video.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, jimismygranpappy said:

i understand that, but you can't get this thing to wing over even if you try let alone spin, not to mention it's really easy to handle in 20 kt crosswinds

It's not hard to land aircraft with 20 kts  crosswind if you know how to do it. LOL

I don't remember any civilian prop twins  that allowed to spins. The thing is if one engine quit it would be hard to recover. But anyway  can you describe your of spin entry?

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Out of curiosity, what are your qualifications to be making these statements? They're rather bold.

You have flat out tried to tell an aeronautical engineer that something is behaving unrealistic (and used a video as proof), but he tried to explain to you what was actually happening in the video and why that is NOT realistic to normal ops of the aircraft sans people moving around in it with a high AOA and ever-changing CG.

Furthermore, numerous REAL WORLD Islander pilots were on the test team providing feedback and signing off on this before release.

To me, this seems more of you not really knowing this aircrafts characteristics, but instead just guessing/assuming.

I'm all for you having an opinion on aspects you personally don't enjoy (like sounds or textures), but if you're going to trash talk flight models at least back it up with something more valid than a parachuting video.

you're right i'm wrong take my money because i don't know any better thanks i'm done with your site. don't know what you want me to say, didn't realize i needed to furnish proof of educational flight background to have a say in what aircraft preforms or not not to mention the fact of the obvious bugs that plague this craft haha!

p.s. i said it was easy to land in a 20 kt crosswind, as if it wasn't effected by the wind because you know the flight model is insanely accurate and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Just installed and flying it, I wanted to add some of my observations.

I liked the modeling and textures. It looks gorgeous from outside. 

Performance on the other hand is quite bad. I am getting lower frame rates than much more complex addons. I am not sure if this is texture or systems optimization issue or a bug. I am suspecting there might be a problem with the model, as the 3D cockpit is still in view even if I switch to Forward with Nothing and Forward with HUD views.

I hope we can get a quick fix for this.

Engine sounds are not satisfactory at all. I understand this is not final. When can we expect a sound fix?

10 minutes ago, 0zz said:

Just installed and flying it, I wanted to add some of my observations.

I liked the modeling and textures. It looks gorgeous from outside. 

Performance on the other hand is quite bad. I am getting lower frame rates than much more complex addons. I am not sure if this is texture or systems optimization issue or a bug. I am suspecting there might be a problem with the model, as the 3D cockpit is still in view even if I switch to Forward with Nothing and Forward with HUD views.

I hope we can get a quick fix for this.

Engine sounds are not satisfactory at all. I understand this is not final. When can we expect a sound fix?

Regarding performance, we are thinking this is due to VRAM usage, we are going to add a 2K texture pack within the next few days as an available mod

Regarding engine sounds, ASAP. These should be rolling out hopefully in a patch tomorrow if everything comes together as we hope

you're right i'm wrong take my money because i don't know any better thanks i'm done with your site. don't know what you want me to say, didn't realize i needed to furnish proof of educational flight background to have a say in what aircraft preforms or not not to mention the fact of the obvious bugs that plague this craft haha!

p.s. i said it was easy to land in a 20 kt crosswind, as if it wasn't effected by the wind because you know the flight model is insanely accurate and all.

This kind of a defensive tone is essentially enough to prove my suspicions without you directly answering.

Evasion is as good an answer as any.

I hope you stay safe and well during these interesting times, and find a bit more happiness in your days ahead.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Regarding performance, we are thinking this is due to VRAM usage, we are going to add a 2K texture pack within the next few days as an available mod

Regarding engine sounds, ASAP. These should be rolling out hopefully in a patch tomorrow if everything comes together as we hope

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I have dual 6GB GPUs, but I guess Opengl dont exploit both cards. Looking forward for the patches ^_^

Would you also investigate the forward view without cockpit? Im using a work-around by placing the camera outside infront, but that is not ideal.

1 minute ago, 0zz said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I have dual 6GB GPUs, but I guess Opengl dont exploit both cards. Looking forward for the patches ^_^

Would you also investigate the forward view without cockpit? Im using a work-around by placing the camera outside infront, but that is not ideal.

In Plane Maker -> Viewpoint -> Cockpit, you can adjust these settings to choose where to show which objects (make sure to match both the top and bottom row)
I will file an issue on this to see if we have a reason they are all checked; if we don't then we will get it fixed in one of the coming updates.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 17.25.41.png