Version 1.3 update tidbits

tkyler

So we finally have something visual to show for the next update.  With our 3D toolchain in place, we are able to make 3D updates reasonably quick... thoughit still takes time to add in the detail.  This is a screenshot showing a typical mesh refinment before/after.  Whereas when we started the 737 10 years ago, we had to be conscious of our polygon count, its not as bad as it was and X-Plane and modern hardware can suppport more detail.   So as we move forward with our updates, we will be making these kinds of refinements around the airplane...moreso out of the cockpit than in, because the cockpit was done pretty darn well the first time IMO.   We'll show more sneak peeks as we have stuff to show. 

-tkyler

comparison.png

spinner.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Alpha Floor said:

Is there a list of what will be changed with v1.3 so far?

I'm particularly interested in FMC functions (HOLD, custom waypoints etc.) and VNAV logic. :)

No FMOD/FMC development is expected on the upcoming patch, they split development in 2 branches to release the converted 3D aircraft to XP11 standards + tweaked flight model and no longer delay due to the extensive coding requirements for FMOD/FMC features.

note: the answers you are looking for are below, pay attention to the last 2 posts specially were Tom explains they split development in 2 branches not to delay everything awaiting for the FMC/FMOD large coding requirements.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alpha Floor said:

Is there a list of what will be changed with v1.3 so far?

I'm particularly interested in FMC functions (HOLD, custom waypoints etc.) and VNAV logic. :)

I am shooting for custom waypoints for this patch,  PBD, PB/PB and Lat/Lon..., I have the code to parse the entries added, but haven't yet to ties these into the route editing / leg naming.   The other issues, as mmerelles said, will come after the patch.   I want to stress, that with the up-to-date workflow...patches and features are able to come much quicker than has been the case.  So if we don't get some FMS feature in the next patch, we'll immediately continue working on the FMS and release featues as they are completed.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, tkyler said:

So we finally have something visual to show for the next update.  With our 3D toolchain in place, we are able to make 3D updates reasonably quick... thoughit still takes time to add in the detail.  This is a screenshot showing a typical mesh refinment before/after.  Whereas when we started the 737 10 years ago, we had to be conscious of our polygon count, its not as bad as it was and X-Plane and modern hardware can suppport more detail.   So as we move forward with our updates, we will be making these kinds of refinements around the airplane...moreso out of the cockpit than in, because the cockpit was done pretty darn well the first time IMO.   We'll show more sneak peeks as we have stuff to show. 

-tkyler

Honestly, I didn´t think the team would retouch the estetics  of the aircraft. Though it would be all about FMC and flight model now. Nice surprise! :lol:

A long as something is 'distinguishable from video / photograph / sound / behavior",  then there will always be something to pursue for improvement, whether we do so or not.  There is an enormous amount of visual detail and functionality that is still to be had and which we intend to continue working on.

-tkyler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tkyler said:

A long as something is 'distinguishable from video / photograph / sound / behavior",  then there will always be something to pursue for improvement, whether we do so or not.  There is an enormous amount of visual detail and functionality that is still to be had and which we intend to continue working on.

-tkyler

Lovely!. This team is so dedicated! :wub:

yes....and as far as how much, I couldn't say.  The plan is, "do what we think you can do before 11.50 goes final....and start with the most desired stuff first".   So after this engine work, I'm going after the front galley and main cabin door.  I doubt there will be any more visual beyond that for the next release.   After the release, we'll focus on new cabin 3D, rear galley, remaining doors and the FMS VNAV......and somewhere in there I'll look into wing flex.

-tkyler

• Like 6

screenshot of what you're referring to?  There is a "wing to fairing" blend...and a "fairing to fuse" blend (which can use LOTS of work)...but not a "wing to fuse" blend directly .

Now I myself can see several areas I'd like to clean up indeed, but I am curious what areas you're seeing that you'd like addressed

-TomK

Hey Tom, 

I'm mainly talking about the area on the attached screenshot. It seems a bit of an abrupt cut? And the convex shaping and bulging seems a bit harsher as well? I guess my observation would cover both texturing and geometry if those are the right terms to describe what I'm seeing. I hope you can follow my point. :D

Here's also a "reference" image, of a slightly later 737 I believe, that I have in my mind and made me raise the point. 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/672957375220547585/705810958282653817/airforcetwo.jpg 

To be poetic, the wing seems to smoothly emerge out rather than being bolted in. :D

I guess several of these things will be taken care of as part of the mesh work you have already mentioned, like on the engines example.

In any case, thanks for considering my point and I'm looking forward to any observations on your part. Cheers! 

P.S. I don't mean this as a pedantic judgement, as I hope you see, but rather fanboyism for this great bird! 

B733 - 2020-05-02 01.03.36.png

Edited by ktomais

Here's a pic from Jan's own -300 (when he was flying them).  That's the way that area is.  I could probably refine it to be "more accurate", but not "more smooth" as the design isn't that way.  .....definitely not as smooth as the NG series anyhow.

image.png

Edited by tkyler

8 hours ago, ktomais said:

Ah, ok! Thanks for pic and the correction then. I probably underestimated the differences between the generations. :) 

Don´t worry. When I was a newebie it took me month to realize that the NG and the CL have a totally different wing. :D

Edited by SkyFly

How about a brake slider to adjust how sensitive the brake is applied. The drama I get is that it can be on at max. Or intermittent max (brakes every 3-4 seconds at max) would be nice to set a sensitivity so we can do nice slow stops:)

4 hours ago, CaptBirdy said:

How about a brake slider to adjust how sensitive the brake is applied. The drama I get is that it can be on at max. Or intermittent max (brakes every 3-4 seconds at max) would be nice to set a sensitivity so we can do nice slow stops:)

Not sure I understand that request? I can set the amount of brakes individually with my brake pedals going from 0 to 1.0 seamless.

Using the autobrake allows preselecting a deceleration rate. Note that MAX is not the maximum possible. That can only be achieved with full manual braking or the RTO mode (not to be used for landing).

Cheers, Jan