No Throttle control.

Thedonsimmer

So I bought this plane about a week ago and I have loved flying it and I found that you have to set controls different to get taxi and reverse ranges to work. However I went back to fly a big jet the other day and when I came back to the TBM yesterday I would get in the plane and the throttle would just slowly go to full power all on it own and was not responding to my inputs at all I reset my controls and reset everything but still nothing. Then I did a full reinstall of the plane still the same results. I tried in other planes and the throttle works perfectly fine but something happened with this plane and I am lost.

I've seen this happen before to some other people.  This is happening because something got assigned to the mixture or power controls controls (although I think it was mixture).  Please check your assignments or any scripts you may have and that they are not overriding anything in the TBM.

nothing besides the Throttle quadrant from the TM TM16000 full set. The only scripts that have been added since I got this plane were whatever was put in by that plane. I would love to fly it again. The only thing I found was that I had a profile for GA Planes but the TBM wasn't set to run off of that. So I delated that to see if that helps if that doesn't Im going to run an integrity check of my files.

Please check your key assignments and find any controlling the throttle or mixture.  Check for any double assignments.

Failing that, please remove all 3rd party plugins, except Gizmo, and reload the sim and test.  I'm suspecting FlywithLUA is the culprit, so you can try removing that first if you wish.

Edited by Goran_M

Just a reminder, whenever you re-test, I'll need to see the log.txt file if the issue persists.  

There is literally nothing in the TBM that can spontaneously cause the throttle to start creeping forward, and each time someone else has had this issue, it was always a double assignment or rogue script entry. This is why the log file is crucial for me to see.  It tells me the story of what is going on in your X-Plane install.  The next best thing is to sit at your PC and diagnose the problem that way.  

The only things I can suggest is either a completely clean install of X-Plane or thoroughly go through your assignments for mixture and throttle.

There is nothing that should be causing this, least of all an add on loaded prior, somehow, corrupting the code that controls the throttle, and judging by your log, with all plugins taken out, I'm almost 100% certain it is some kind of key assignment that is overriding your mixture or throttles.  I've just tested a fresh install of the TBM on my PC, and all is working as it should be.  I've asked other people who have a steam copy of X-Plane and they also said everything is working fine.  

I don't want to ask you to do a fresh install of X-Plane, but if we can't narrow this down, I'm afraid it may be the only course of action.  

So a full uninstall and reinstall of the game allowed the throttle to come back from moving all the way to max power to moving to the beginning of the flight range however, have no control of it with the throttle quadrant (throttle quadrant works on all other aircraft). The F keys at the top of the keyboard work to control it (tried unassigning these and still does not work from the throttle quadrant). The current assignments for anything throttle related are posted in the attachments. I hope we can figure this out soon thanks for all the help as of this far.

TBM900 - 2020-04-29 8.49.09 AM.png

TBM900 - 2020-04-29 8.50.01 AM.png

TBM900 - 2020-04-29 8.50.05 AM.png

TBM900 - 2020-04-29 8.50.12 AM.png

10 minutes ago, Thedonsimmer said:

So a full uninstall and reinstall of the game allowed the throttle to come back from moving all the way to max power to moving to the beginning of the flight range however, have no control of it with the throttle quadrant (throttle quadrant works on all other aircraft). The F keys at the top of the keyboard work to control it (tried unassigning these and still does not work from the throttle quadrant). The current assignments for anything throttle related are posted in the attachments. I hope we can figure this out soon thanks for all the help as of this far.

The section I highlighted has now confirmed this is something to do with your hardware or system set up.  It's changed after an uninstall and reinstall, and it is impossible for the TBM to be doing it in some kind of spontaneous way after a reinstall.

I'm going to notify Saso about this and see if he can make any sense out of it after getting all this new information.

Edited by Goran_M

@Thedonsimmer We need to have a closer look at what's happening under the hood in your sim. Something is clearly causing control issues, either by moving the throttle on its own or preventing the binding from working.

Here's how the throttle control in the TBM works: it reads the following dataref: sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_thro. So we will need to take a look at its exact behavior, as that's what the aircraft model is looking at as well. Please go ahead and grab this plugin: https://github.com/leecbaker/datareftool/releases/download/2020.03.24/datareftool_2020_03_24.zip and install it into your Resources/plugins. This a dataref examining tool we devs use to look at the internals of the simulator state.

Then fire up the simulator and select Plugins > DataRefTool > View Datarefs. In the window there's a search box on the bottom (next to the "dat" button). Type in "engn_thro". We expect it to look something like this:dataref.png.9df2934763a35ea0afd3a90fd95dcee5.png

Then try moving your physical throttle. You should be seeing the first field in "ENGN_thro" moving up and down. This is the "input" coming from your controls that the airplane sees. When the engine is running and propeller is unfeathered, "ENGN_thro_use" will also start following, as that's what the engine simulation is receiving. You can also check this dataref: "autothrottle_on". This should be 0. If it is 1, then something turned on X-Plane's built-in autothrottle functionality, which we do NOT want. We don't expose any buttons for that, but if a user has bound a special command like "TOGA_power" to their controls, they can still trigger it.