Update Coming, Request your datarefs and commands here

tkyler

If you have a request for any specific datarefs or commands, please do so in this forum thread.    We have nearly 600 manipulators in the 737 and exposing every position possible as commands could result in over 1000 commands possibly (I have yet to audit all the positions).  If you count the "feedback" datarefs as well, i.e. "annunciator lights", the list would get very long indeed.  So while we do not mind exposing all these inputs and outputs eventually, we certainly want to focus on the most requested ones first if we don't get to them all by the next update.

So if you have a request for a nominal (button / knob / switch), then don't bother posting as we are actively coding those up now.   But for anything else not so obvious, please let us know.  Note that we're starting with the overhead, pedestal and main panel controls first.

Note that multi-position knobs and switches will have a command for each position, e.g. the left engine start switch (see below):

-tkyler

image.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 2

• Litjan pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It would certainly be nice to have a dataref which will indicate when the throttle servos are active or not. I built a prototype motorised throttle (i.e. pieces of wood and lots of wires and stuff) which uses normal model airplane servos. As I don't have a slip clutch I need to know when the actual servos in the sim is driving the throttle levers so I can switch off my servos whenever the real servos are not active... like when AT ARM in white is shown.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, dkdomino said:

Have the AP AT and FMC reset lights datarefs been added? I wrote about it once and you were supposed to add it.

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/17567-dataref-for-alarm-light/

I think so.

Look for the IXEG/733/caution/caution_ap_...  datarefs (light, pushbutton) and the /caution_at_ and the /caution_fmc_.... datarefs.

There are also several commands for those buttons (look for ixeg/.../instrument_panel/...

Cheers, Jan

On 12/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, Litjan said:

I think so.

Look for the IXEG/733/caution/caution_ap_...  datarefs (light, pushbutton) and the /caution_at_ and the /caution_fmc_.... datarefs.

There are also several commands for those buttons (look for ixeg/.../instrument_panel/...

Cheers, Jan

I guess I'm blind, I can only see the datarefs of the buttons, the datarefs of the lights of these buttons I can't see.

Dominik.

Yes, I wish I could have told you otherwise... :mellow:

When Tom put up this thread in April we were trying to "take stock" of which datarefs people were still looking for. We did not know if earlier requests were still valid or maybe if people moved on to other projects.

We did get almost no replies to this query, so exposing more datarefs slipped down the priority scale.

I did add quite a few commands, but naturally this isn´t the same as datarefs which cockpit builders need.

Cheers, Jan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Team,

Are there any plans for a set of datarefs containing the CDU screen data for add-on developers?

The existing CDU datarefs are not exposing the screen details in a consistent way, so this would be really nice to have.

I have written an Android app which displays a virtual CDU on the tablet, but I lack some details to make it look "authentic" to the IXEG CDU display.
Thanks, Jean

• 2 years later...