assigment question for ixeg

doebro2010

I have the extr.3d pro flightstick and assigned the speedbrake to the first button.

if I set the brakes in the plane at i.e max then my flightstick should do the job.

but nothing happens also if I dont touch the flightstick then the plane doesnot do the brakes by itself

the brakes in the plane are armed due to the handle in the upper position.

after this I push the B on the keyboard for braking.

any idea? why not via the stick or via automatically speedbrakes of the plane?

Doeke

Hi Doeke,

make sure you set the buttons for the speedbrake to "extend one notch" and "retract one notch".

The speedbrake in the 737 has these "detents" (defined positions):

Down (full forward). Here the speedbrake will only deploy automatically when the reversers are deployed, i.e. during a RTO.

ARM (one step aft). Here the speedbrake will deploy on gear compression and wheel spinup (normal landing).

FLIGHT (one more step aft). This is the furthest position the speedbrake should be used during flight.

FULL UP (full aft). This will manually deploy all spoilers to the maximum position. Selected manually as normal operating procedure at touchdown and when doing a RTO. (Automatic deployment is just a backup in case the pilot forgets).

Jan

Thanks for the info.

I assigned another button in the flightstick to speedbrakes per notch as indicated by you.

but it doesnot work on my 3d flightstick.

also in the plane 737 I put the brakes on 2 or 3 or max but touching the ground nothing happens only the full brakes by a keyboard button

do you know what I do wrong?

doeke

Does it work when you just use the buttons?

Note that if you assign an "axis" (like a lever on your joystick) to the speedbrake, the button commands will not work anymore. You will then have to move your speedbrake with the lever.

The autobrakes (position RTO, OFF, 1,2,3,MAX) have nothing to do with the speedbrakes, they only work on the wheels.

Jan