How do *You* bind your heading and VS

Crash

I''d love to bind crs1 crs2 and heading and VS. I'd think doing that would be infinitely easier than having to take my eyes away from the normal position, (front and forward, looking out the windshield.)

I'd be interested to hear how others are handling this delicate situation. I've already crashed because I've had to divert my attention to fiddle with the v/s or heading.

I'm using the Saitek, (ca. 2013) X52.

Thanks in advance,

Crash

Do you know of a way that I could bind VS and Heading to either the keyboard or joystick, and why is it considered "trickier?"

@michael80082I did go to YouTube and look at a video or two, with one even in French, not that I understood a word of it, but X-mapper TNG as far as I could tell, seems to be a moving map, with the ability to adjust your freq's. But I didn't see anything having to do with an autopilot...

And just out of curiosity, what controller are you using?

Thx

Edited by Crash

Here's an Idea...and my solution for heading and course and all that:

I use PlaneCommand to control the parameters down on the Center Console. Currently I use it to input the Squawk Code and Altimeter. I'm using the Samson Q2U microphone, which is relatively inexpensive, in the world of microphones, considering what what a high end mic goes for. After cruising various websites, it is unclear whether or not this mic is still available for purchase...

Crash 

Edited by Crash

On 4/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, Crash said:

Do you know of a way that I could bind VS and Heading to either the keyboard or joystick, and why is it considered "trickier?"

It’s only trickier because you have to use a datarefs. The bindings you need are shown in my post. 

Thanks for the clarification.

I tried modifying my upper left hat switch to something like yours, but the result was when I moved any of the modified positions of the hat switch, it activated the Better PushBack plugin: "Tell me where you want to go." So...I'll see how my solution works out....using Plane Command to control the items on the center pedestal.

Edited by Crash
  • Upvote 1