Stable but slow framerates

Byrna55

I did the first full test flight today with the SkyMaxx "suite" all re-installed (including FS Global Real Weather and Real Weather Connector), and it went fine. I was using X-Plane 11.50b2 (Vulkan) and the Zibo Boeing 738. I deliberately picked a flight into a city where it was raining and cloudy, my home city in this case, of Montreal. The flight was from CYYZ (Toronto Pearson) to CYUL (Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau). Both sceneries are those of GloballArt.

Yesterday, I had done a flight between the same cities, same exact route (even SID and STAR were the same), and landing runway, but I had totally uninstalled the SkyMaxx suite and used X-Plane's weather with live downloads every 15 minutes. The frame rates were always between about a low of 22-24fps to highs of 40-50fps, with averages ranging between 28-40.  

Today, the framerates, unfortunately were much lower, going down to about 12fps at one point and staying mainly the in mid 20s, averaging 14-20 with a cockpit view and higher with a sky view. If I tilted up the camera view from the tarmac of the airport to the sky, or even to include part of the sky, the framerates dropped significantly. I have a few screenshots here to show you.  In fact, overall, the performance was almost the same for me, as with OpenGL on X-Plane 11.41.

Just wanted to share this and see if anyone else had such issues. I have read of frame rate drops with SkyMaxx, and hopefully, this problem will be gradually fixed with later versions of both X-Plane and SkyMaxx, FSGRW, RWC.

** My graphics settings are exactly the same as with 11.41 OpenGL, so I have not increased them.

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-01.jpg

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-08.jpg

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-05.jpg

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-04.jpg

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-03.jpg

Toronto to Montreal - April 10 2020 - XPlane 1150b2 VULKAN wSkyMaxx-02.jpg

Edited by Byrna55
Adding graphics settings used in X-Plane