Sky-Maxx v4 and Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

jarcelus

Hi, 
 I just purchased the program a couple of days ago to be used in a recent iMac 27, with Mojave 10.14.5 and I am afraid it is not the best system to run the program.

Although I can enable the Maxx plugin, it does not seem to recreate the real clouds  according to the weather from X plane 11. In fact, when I disable the Maxx plugin I see more and different clouds (and uglier) in the deault XP weather. It is not that I do not see any cloud, but they are very fewer and smaller than what I should see based on the actual weather conditions.

I have read about the potential incompatibility with "metal"( instead of OpenL) l, but I do not know how does apply to my case.

I wrote a message to technical support in the X Aviation website, but I have not received any answer.

In summary, I have a couple of questions: is it possible to run the program properly in my Mac? Would Real weather Conector make any difference?

Thank you and best regards,

Juan, Spain

Edited by jarcelus

1 hour ago, jarcelus said:

I wrote a message to technical support in the X Aviation website, but I have not received any answer.

Juan,

You wrote to us in a support ticket on April 7th at 4:48am local time. We replied to you the same day roughly 6 hours later. I suggest you look in your spam box.

At the time, you had questions regarding RWC, and I directed you to the following topic as to why RWC is beneficial: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/16536-what-does-rwc-do/?do=findComment&comment=142302

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 12.29.04 PM.png

Although I can enable the Maxx plugin, it does not seem to recreate the real clouds  according to the weather from X plane 11.

Perhaps showing a screenshot of the two conditions would be better. Right now it's hard to decipher what you're thinking or seeing over text.

I have read about the potential incompatibility with "metal"( instead of OpenL) l, but I do not know how does apply to my case.

By default, X-Plane 11.5 will run in OpenGL mode. You have to consciously change the setting to Metal in order for it to take effect, and I don't think Metal is really all there in Mojave anyhow. Both SkyMaxx Pro v4.9+ and Real Weather Connector are fully compatible in your situation.

Hi, I keep seeing dramatic differences in the screen using XP-plane weather or using the Maxx plugin. Attached are two pictures taken at the same time, with and without the Maxx plugin, and just after refreshing the weather conditions in x-plane. That is what I meant by very few clouds when using Maxx.

Thanks

Juan

Captura de pantalla 2020-04-10 a las 11.57.48.png

Captura de pantalla 2020-04-10 a las 11.56.08.png

Your log indicates that X-Plane is telling SkyMaxx Pro that the weather conditions are clear. Whatever's wrong seems to be upstream of us.

I noticed a plugin called "GoodWay" in your log that appears to be doing something with X-Plane's weather files. I'm not familiar with GoodWay, but you might want to try disabling it to see if it's somehow interfering with things.

Using Real Weather Connector would also give you more flexibility in how SkyMaxx Pro gets its weather information.

I have changed the visual effects setting HDR, but nothing happened.

I have disabled  the Goodway Planner plugin and the same lack of visible clouds.

Based on the bad experience so far with Maxx pro, I do not want to take the risk of buying the RWC and end up spending almost 60 dollars for nothing.

I am surprised that I am the only Mac user suffering this problem without apparent solution.

By the way, based on other member of the forum question on "disappearing clouds", I have checked my resources/plugings/silverlining and the folder "saved settings" is empty- I do not know if that is of any help.

Juan

I think you found some bad information on the Internet - "Saved Settings" should be empty unless you have explicitly saved settings files for later use.

Are you using real-world weather, or setting up cloud conditions manually? If you set up an overcast layer in the weather settings manually, do you still see no clouds? Just trying to understand the nature of the problem; I have in fact not seen this before.

First, I did what you indicated in your previous suggestion and it did not work, as I mentioned in a previous post, (see attached)  without answer from you.

Second, I do not know whether I am being impatient. What is is a fact is that I bought a product that is not working. What is necessary is that it works.826271507_Capturadepantalla2020-04-11alas23_12_01.thumb.png.fc91737761e6f55b4ec15e462eddacee.png

54 minutes ago, jarcelus said:

First, I did what you indicated in your previous suggestion and it did not work, as I mentioned in a previous post, (see attached)  without answer from you.

Second, I do not know whether I am being impatient. What is is a fact is that I bought a product that is not working. What is necessary is that it works.826271507_Capturadepantalla2020-04-11alas23_12_01.thumb.png.fc91737761e6f55b4ec15e462eddacee.png

Have you tried a vanilla installation of XP running only smp? 

There is something specific to your setup we need to narrow down.....

2 hours ago, jarcelus said:

Second, I do not know whether I am being impatient.

FOUR posts in a row from only you? Yes. Impatient. Don't fill the topic up with unnecessary posts about your problem not being solved. We don't need constant reminders, and it's not going to improve your response time.

40 minutes ago, jarcelus said:

Thanks, but I do no not know what is a "vanilla installation". Doesn't it apply to windows?

Vanilla means clean...a fresh install of X-Plane separate from the one you have now.

I'll just reinforce John's suggestion here - set up a new installation of X-Plane in a new installer, install SkyMaxx Pro into the clean installation, and see if that works.

I think this is either:

- Some sort of corrupted installation (which this would fix)

- Some conflict with some other third party add-on that we haven't encountered before (which this would also fix)

- Some incompatibility with your specific system configuration that we haven't encountered before (which this wouldn't fix)

We have checked this update on several Mac's and it works without issue. I realize it's frustrating, but you seem to have encountered a unique issue and the only way to figure it out is if we work together on narrowing it down.

13 minutes ago, sundog said:

I'll just reinforce John's suggestion here - set up a new installation of X-Plane in a new installer, install SkyMaxx Pro into the clean installation, and see if that works.

I think this is either:

- Some sort of corrupted installation (which this would fix)

- Some conflict with some other third party add-on that we haven't encountered before (which this would also fix)

- Some incompatibility with your specific system configuration that we haven't encountered before (which this wouldn't fix)

We have checked this update on several Mac's and it works without issue. I realize it's frustrating, but you seem to have encountered a unique issue and the only way to figure it out is if we work together on narrowing it down.

Thanks, I will try