SkyMaxx Pro v4.9.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.9.2 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.9.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro v4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

This release has experimental support for Vulkan if you are a Windows user.

For Mac users, please be aware Metal is not supported. You may still enjoy this v4.9.2 update when running X-Plane in OpenGL mode.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Fixes lens flare effect under Vulkan
  • Fixes clipped cloud layers in the distance under Vulkan at certain altitudes

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello,

I've just installed 4.9.2 update, with Real Weather Connector, and i'm getting this error message:

1172014639_E195-2020-04-0800_11_20.png.d42be7ed4ac2cdf8a340cc624d798e82.png

I've tried to reinstall both but i'm getting the same message always

I'm using XP 11.50 on a Windows 10 machine. It happens with vulkan enabled or disabled.

Any help?

thank you

Edited by S3rg1o

14 minutes ago, S3rg1o said:

I've just installed 4.9.2 update, with Real Weather Connector, and i'm getting this error message

Try moving your cursor to the right side of the screen. A menu bar will pop out with various icons. Click on the icon that looks like a key, and then in the window that pops up after that press the 'update' button.

Try moving your cursor to the right side of the screen. A menu bar will pop out with various icons. Click on the icon that looks like a key, and then in the window that pops up after that press the 'update' button.

That solved it. I would never imagine to be a licence issue.
Thank you.

Hi, 

I received the email to update to the latest version.  When i go into my account to click on the link nothing happens.

Browser window stays open and just sits there regardless if using chrome or edge

Not only happens to this update but cannot update any other products i have bought

thanks

1 hour ago, Asgarmagol said:

after doing some more testing in beta 2 and 3 with latest SMP, it seems to work really good now.

I think this version can stay for the duration of 11.50 betas. as long as LR does not change some fundamental stuff before the finish line.

Laminar is being extremely good about communicating with add-on developers when they do something like that, so even if they do change something we should be on top of it!

• Upvote 1

Doing a lot of flights today i noticed that, for some unknown reason, the frames are going down from 80 to 20 sometimes.  SMP is then taking 75% of render time as the plugin admin tells me.

After force reloading the clouds most of the time it goes back to normal framerates.   Maybe it is one type of cloud constellation which tanks a lot of frames.  as I have no clue about what is going on I will keep an eye on it if I find the cause.   My setup uses SMP, RWC and FSGRW.

>90% of time frames are great even with cloud draw distance maxed out. So this is not a big issue.

Edited by Asgarmagol

Hey Skymaxx team i'am 100% believe Skymaxx pro 4.9.0 to 4.9.2 with Altitude 1.9.11b not working. after i updated 4.9.0 and same time use Altitude 1.9.11b flight my sim was block and crash. now im used Skymaxx pro 4.9.2 and same problem happened again again and again. before im update skymaxx pro 4.9.0 i have not this problem. Could you check this issue because im really want to fly poit A to Point B please!

Log.txt

42 minutes ago, bressan3 said:

I've been having some issues with this version on 11.50b4. I've been getting these stains on my screen whenever the SkyMaxx Pro plugin (v 4.9.2) is activated while both in the internal and external views:

https://imgur.com/ClOmTcy

https://imgur.com/Cx4PseS

Does this happen with other aircraft. Appears to be some kind of clipping, which makes me wonder if it's the way the windows are being rendered in that aircraft.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

Does this happen with other aircraft. Appears to be some kind of clipping, which makes me wonder if it's the way the windows are being rendered in that aircraft.

Yes. I've tested it with the default C172, the Airfoil Labs King Air and the ASDG Super Cub and still get the same issue no matter what aircraft I choose.

Edited by bressan3

16 hours ago, bressan3 said:

Yes. I've tested it with the default C172, the Airfoil Labs King Air and the ASDG Super Cub and still get the same issue no matter what aircraft I choose.

IMG_1488.MOV

Any chance you have an AMD video card? If so, do you have the very latest drivers installed?

I assume this only happens in Vulkan mode, right?

I've got a note out to Laminar to see if it's what I think it is...

Edited by sundog

2 hours ago, sundog said:

Any chance you have an AMD video card? If so, do you have the very latest drivers installed?

I assume this only happens in Vulkan mode, right?

I've got a note out to Laminar to see if it's what I think it is...

Yes. I do have an AMD card and am running the latest version of the bootcampdrivers.com's modified AMD drivers.

Yes. Everything goes back to normal once I switch back over to OpenGL mode / disable Vulkan.

Thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, bressan3 said:

Yes. I do have an AMD card and am running the latest version of the bootcampdrivers.com's modified AMD drivers.

Yes. Everything goes back to normal once I switch back over to OpenGL mode / disable Vulkan.

Thank you so much! 

Going through my older notes from Laminar, it sounds like there is a known driver bug with AMD that would be specific to MSAA under Vulkan. Might be interesting to see if lowering your anti-aliasing settings fixes this.

1 hour ago, sundog said:

Going through my older notes from Laminar, it sounds like there is a known driver bug with AMD that would be specific to MSAA under Vulkan. Might be interesting to see if lowering your anti-aliasing settings fixes this.

Turning down my AA to 1x (HDR off) did it! The plugin works fine at any AA setting when HDR is on.

Thanks again for the help! :D

14 minutes ago, bressan3 said:

Turning down my AA to 1x (HDR off) did it! The plugin works fine at any AA setting when HDR is on.

Thanks again for the help! :D

Yup, I just heard back from Laminar and they confirmed this is an open driver bug with AMD.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic