Throttle do not response IXEG Classic 737 300

Franck

Make sure you are not in autothrottle mode - the throttles won´t "work" (can´t be moved by your hardware) while that autothrottle is controlling them.

You must be in "manual throttle control" (autothrottle disengaged or even off) for the throttle to work. When you transfer control from the autothrottle to manual throttle (by disengaging it) you will see some "ghost throttle" symbology. Move your hardware throttle until it "matches" the ghost throttle - at that point the throttles will "snap" and you have control again.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/3/2020 at 12:40 PM, Litjan said:

[...] the throttles won´t "work" (can´t be moved by your hardware) while that autothrottle is controlling them.

You must be in "manual throttle control" (autothrottle disengaged or even off) for the throttle to work. When you transfer control from the autothrottle to manual throttle (by disengaging it) you will see some "ghost throttle" symbology. Move your hardware throttle until it "matches" the ghost throttle - at that point the throttles will "snap" and you have control again.

Cheers, Jan

Although most of your development makes a lot of sense and your plane is the best out there, I am slightly confused with this choice. 
At minimums seeing the runway and AT - on, switching off AT I wouldn’t want to ‘shake’ the hardware throttles so they align.

Even more so when flying during critical phases of flight (except T/O), I like to keep my hands on the throttles so I can feel what they are doing.

I would love to see some sort of workaround for this ( maybe I missed it).  Some sort of throttle animation dataref so it can be set for output  

Cheers  

Edited by teeloo

Hmm, do you have a physical throttle that can move by itself?

If you do, then I can see the purpose of this request.

If you don´t, then "aligning" the physical throttles with the virtual ones is the only way to sensibly achieve what you describe, because nothing would be worse than switching back to a hardware throttle that is not at the correct powersetting - ask any A320 pilot that inadvertantly disconnected the autothrust before aligning the thrust levers with the "donuts" on the engine display (it is like falling off the horse, every rider needs to have done that at least once :lol:, and so did I!)

Cheers, Jan

PS:

If this is related to XPUIPC interface - we do have a dataref that may help: Try to set the ixeg/733/hardware/xpuipc_overrides to 1 and see if that helps?

Edited by Litjan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

- ask any A320 pilot that inadvertantly disconnected the autothrust before aligning the thrust levers with the "donuts" on the engine display

If this is related to XPUIPC interface - we do have a dataref that may help: Try to set the ixeg/733/hardware/xpuipc_overrides to 1 and see if that helps?

Yes I have hardware throttles with servo's.

A320: really?! Never new you have to align that!! For real?

Unfortunately I am not using XPUIPC. But I'll consider doing research on that.

Edited by teeloo
update

UPDATE

I'm not considering XPUIPC as a workaround (if at all possible, suggestions welcome). It would be great to have some sort of output from IXEG. If only the animation dataref of the throttles as that is consistent.

Edited by teeloo

I am sure (if you are into cockpit building) that you have looked for some datarefs already...

I know very little about this, but from what I can tell the datarefs:

ixeg/733/engine/eng1_thro_angle

ixeg/733/engine/eng2_thro_angle

output the throttle angle at all times?

Jan