TBM 900 v1.1.12 Update Released!

Cameron

AFAIK, X-Life is a custom AI plugin.  And the answer to your question is no.  The TBM uses a custom TCAS, and from what we know, the problem either lies with X-Plane itself, or X-Life.  Just Flight reached out to us and asked us for a copy of the TBM to make sure it works with a new traffic add on they made.  And they did make it work.  So going from that, I would say the problem lies with X-Life.

8 hours ago, Goran_M said:

AFAIK, X-Life is a custom AI plugin.  And the answer to your question is no.  The TBM uses a custom TCAS, and from what we know, the problem either lies with X-Plane itself, or X-Life.  Just Flight reached out to us and asked us for a copy of the TBM to make sure it works with a new traffic add on they made.  And they did make it work.  So going from that, I would say the problem lies with X-Life.

Thanks for the reply. I did find something from jardesign forum about crashes (not the tbm in particular, but any crashes in general) and one of the things they mentioned was the gizmo plugin and I believe X-Aviation installed it. I deleted the plugin and so far i was able to load the tbm  twice with no crashes.  I'm not 100% sure yet, I need to do some flights. 

Going to keep my fingers crossed, lol

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Looking at that traffic global screen, all the contacts are more than 10,000 ft away from your altitude. TAS/TCAS only shows contacts that are within +-2,700 ft in normal more or +-10,000 ft when in UNREST (unrestricted) mode. Can you check if they appear when they're within 2,700 ft of your altitude?

• 2 weeks later...

Good day,

First off I want to mention how great this model is, the level of detail is awesome. I am running the latest BETA 11.50 b17 on my iMac 2013 Mojave Version 10.14.6 3.4GHz Intel Core i5  24 GB ram. This is by far the best purchase I've made so far!

Log.txt

I have a couple questions about my TBM 900. 

1.   I haven’t a clue how to change the livery. The TBM 900 folder has the various liveries listed, but my search for how to install them has failed.
I would assume that in the “Air Frame Manager” tab would be the likely place to perform the tasks, but I can only add or delete aircraft and assign a ID numbers.

2. The angle of attack heads up display isn’t reflecting the green, yellow, red positions.

1215347879_ScreenShot2020-09-07at3_48_40PM.thumb.png.52fe71fbb44904c91ef77ff9781c8f62.png

I haven't had any other issues and could live without the above minor problems, but would like to have a fix. Thanks any help you can offer.

Cheers
Tom

To change liveries, simply go into your Flight Configuration, and change the livery from the drop down menu....

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.41.42 am.png

The AoA HUD is not working in Vulkan/Metal, but we do have a copy of the TBM in the hands of some testers, and it does work in that version, although, not in VR yet.  Once we get that straightened out, we'll publish another update.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GP49TOM said:

Thanks for the help.......Look forward to update.......I 'm not using "Metal" incidentally for it actually kills my fps.

I just noticed your visors are not showing up either.  You don't have your settings set high enough to display glass.  Turn them up, and the AoA will work (providing you are not using Metal)

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, coolhand said:

Nevermind I found a post on x-plane.org reporting this also, seems like an XPlane issue

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/207528-anti-alaising-and-stuttering/

Is this really x plane issue? because the only addon where I have this problem is TBM900. As Goran said, TBM is not fully supported on vulkan yet. Maybe in a future update it can be solved

I was having the ILS issues. Have uninstalled X-Plane and gone back to 11.05, uninstalled the TBM and re-downloaded and installed, Now getting  an error, 

AN airfoil file is too old or corrupted! The airfoil path I checked is listed below!

Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/airfoils/TBM root.afl

Get that foil updated if you want to fly!

I have uninstalled the TBM again, restarted PC and re-installed and same error. It then crashes X-Plane when I click the understood button ? ? 

WTF is going on!

• 3 months later...
  • Cameron locked and unpinned this topic