TBM 900 v1.1.12 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1.12 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1.12 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

Improvements / New Features:

• Got a modest framerate boost by avoiding an inefficient flight plan query every frame.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when using Vulkan on Windows with an Nvidia GPU
  • Updated magnetic model to latest coefficients for the years 2020-2025.
  • Updated RealSimGear config file we ship to the latest one and renamed it so it no longer overwrites an existing config file if you had it customized.
  • Reduced AP panel knob sensitivity when spun in VR.
  • Stiffened up pitch response to desensitize the pitch axis more on approach & in cruise.
  • Reworked aileron trim model to be more linear with airspeed.
  • Negative-G induced engine flameout was happening way too quickly.
  • Limited the amount of pooled up fuel to prevent huge temp spikes during hot starts.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

We don't really do support for add ons in an X-Plane beta, but I can take a look at a log.txt and see if something sticks out.

Thanks that you will take a look. 
Attached the log.txt

Also i made a short Video yesterday at the same Airport (SBSL) where you can see the stuttering. In other planes this stuttering is less or even not noticeable. Tried the FSDG Bremen Airport, which is much more demanding in terms of scenery. On that Airport the frames are somewhat lower put there is no stuttering. 

TBM at SBSL with stuttering

Log.txt

If you really want to nail this down, I'd strongly suggest you remove all plugins (except Gizmo...if you want to keep trying the TBM) out of the plugins folder.  Your 3rd party plugins could very well have unpredictable results on 11.50 at this time.  You have plenty of VRAM, so I would say the stuttering is your CPU trying to perform all the calculations being asked of it by your plugins.  Also, the TBM is not fully supported in 11.50, so it could be the TBM as well.  Feel free to experiment, but have the expectation that things won't go smoothly with 3rd party add ons.

I figured out that it seems to be in conjunction with the Antialiasing. If i turn it of or only on the first notch it is way better. If i getting higher than the first notch it is getting worse

Also tried to reset the 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel. 

On 4/5/2020 at 8:41 AM, flieger28 said:

I figured out that it seems to be in conjunction with the Antialiasing. If i turn it of or only on the first notch it is way better. If i getting higher than the first notch it is getting worse

Also tried to reset the 3d settings in the Nvidia control panel. 

Hi, nice work on the update, I had the same problem, using more than 2x SSAA + FXAA as antialiasing, get me a lot of stuttering,

Using the default planes I can crank it up without problems.

@Goran_M: your product and your support is top of the line! Am very pleased with the purchase, and almost only fly your plane on the sim. As a real world pilot, I apreciate the detail on the model.

2 hours ago, coolhand said:

Hi, nice work on the update, I had the same problem, using more than 2x SSAA + FXAA as antialiasing, get me a lot of stuttering,

@Goran_M: your product and your support is top of the line! Am very pleased with the purchase, and almost only fly your plane on the sim. As a real world pilot, I apreciate the detail on the model.

Nevermind I found a post on x-plane.org reporting this also, seems like an XPlane issue

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/207528-anti-alaising-and-stuttering/

I just had a nice flight and everything seemed fine other than the AOA indexer doesn't reflect anymore. All from VR very nice & smooth, XP11.50 Vulkan and went through some rain near end of flight. Good work all.. FPS stayed 25-27 throughout Rift-S.

11 minutes ago, Pivot said:

I just had a nice flight and everything seemed fine other than the AOA indexer doesn't reflect anymore. All from VR very nice & smooth, XP11.50 Vulkan and went through some rain near end of flight. Good work all.. FPS stayed 25-27 throughout Rift-S.

The AOA indexer does not work under Vulkan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhand said:

Thank you.

Hi there,

running 11.50b2 and had two times CTD when creating a flight with the TBM; starting with default C172 and then changing to TBM works so far - I didn't find anything in the log; I will try to re-create this and send you the log.

One little thing with 11.50: the throttle lever overlay is flickering/flashing (as long as it is visible, it doesn't pop-up randomly or something similiar).

PS: in general, FPS with the TBM under vulkan is "not impressive" compared to other a/c - but I guess some people stated this already.

Edited by flexxAir

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic