[SOLVED] TBM installation

Jetmechanic707

Hey Goran,

first of all i want to thank you for your try to help me.

So far I have had no internet problems. Other downloads and installations also work.
It does not work even with firewall and defender deactivated.
Can I install an older version? Would like to continue to fly the TBM, especially since it was not cheap.

Now i tried it again. But no chance... It doesnt work.

My installer (29.12.2019 22:42 6407kb) fresh load from x-aviation.com

I got the problem by the last 94kb... 

image.png.09c5f5d123d5edf4f75d90bcc596c0da.png

After that, i got a finish report... 

image.png.1269d555bb29ce431234bd18f23aafbd.png

But theres is no TBM in my x-aviation folder...

image.png.0eb9d3c99b82886b18289e0b8e51d378.png 

I have no idea now. Unfortunately, I don't get an answer from x-aviation.

Can you try something.  I know the TBM has issues installing into a Program Files folder, and I can see you're using the Steam version of X-Plane 11.  Can you make another folder (empty) on your desktop that is also called X-Plane 11.  Run the installer again and point it to that folder.  Then move all the contents of that folder to your Steam version.  Post back if it works.

I've made Saso aware of this and he's looking into it.  It's not something we've come across before, as we have many users who use the TBM within Steam and have no issues. Cameron suspects you still have some kind of anti virus or firewall running.  Do you happen to have another computer or laptop to try another installation?

Hey Goran,

i checked my computer again. There is no firewall or antivirus running and i got no third party programs.

image.thumb.png.2c43fc9a508a4857a0a44715119476b8.png

All of my Firewall, Defender and Antivir are offline. 

I have tested the stability of my internet connection. I have no noticeable problems here.

image.thumb.png.15cc6bb01ffa2da5ed7172bf2348c1c3.png

image.png.2fe534b59335e35da6513afcba399887.png

It is always the last 94 kb and the Fuselage_Rear.obj file.
It won't be the only .obj file. So I don't think it's a firewall or antivir issue. Where is the data stored temporarily while the installer is running?
Can I get the data as a zip file?

Regards Daniel

Hey Cameron,
i checked all local issues. I can create a folder without problems. I delete the registry files after uninstall and checked the Main X-Plane Folder for TBM data.

image.png.63fd7f65f799ef62743d9a394a3c1f00.png

I also don't know what else I can check. Other software can be easily installed.

Edited by MrWonk88

You didn't delete the state folder.  Are you sure it's not in X-Plane 11/Output/TBM900/state ?

If it isn't, the install didn't complete.  

In any case, there is something definitely on your system preventing this install, and without access to it, it's difficult to diagnose.  Do you have a laptop you can install it to?

I notice. I can't get any further here.
I already said that I deleted and cleaned everything.
And if the installation were finished, I wouldn't post anything here!

I have no 3rd party software for antivirus or firewall. I use Windows defender only.
I was also able to install the old versions without any problems.
Only the current version fails on the last 94 kb.
If my system block the download, I should not be able to download the other 794 MB! In addition, I get a success message at the end, that the installation was successful.
And the aircraft folder does not contain TBM files. Why do I get a success message when the installation fails?

I have already checked my complete system. My internet connection is monitored and checked. Windows registry cleaned up and repaired.

I suspect that it is related to the installer. Whenever I load the last 94 kb, I get a connection timeout. Is it possible that your server blocks my PC? Is it because of my login data that I have to enter?

After the installation failed, I still see the TBM in my apps. The aircraft folder is still empty.
The output folder also does not contain any TBM files.

image.png.f67497f0b1acebfe8679f70d576cc034.png

When will version 1.1.12 be deployed? It's just annoying...

Regards Daniel

Edited by MrWonk88
fail

It is impossible that the installer is causing this, otherwise we would have complaints of this happening every single day from new customers.  The only reason an install would be interrupted, that I can think of, is something blocking the download.  We do know that many anti viruses block Gizmo (false positive).  This has happened to me. 

In your case, I honestly can not think of what is causing this.  Even Cameron is puzzled.  

If you want to wait for the update, you're more than welcome.  

Here is an invite to our discord server, so maybe you can ask Saso (username totoritko) for any help regarding this.  I've already shown him this thread, and he's also puzzled, but perhaps you can go through a few steps with him.

https://discord.gg/m3qRsz

Without access to your computer, there is nothing more I can do.  Something on your end is definitely preventing the install. We've had many people download the new update and install it, as you may have already seen in the forums, and they have had no issues.  You can try installing on a laptop or some other secondary device you own, or, if you choose to, ask for a refund from X-Aviation support.

As a last resort, are you perhaps trying to install it on some kind of virtual machine?

Hey Goran,

I have now installed a virtual machine and installed the TBM there. I have now copied the aircraft folder into my main installation. It seems to work. I have no idea what is wrong with my PC. But I think it was because of the Gizmo plugin.

Thanks for your support.