TBM900 XP11 crash

jarisaizprua

This is the part that is sticking out at me.  It's not the TBM crashing.  It looks like something inside XPilot and something to do with your display drivers.  Do you have some kind of extended monitor setup?  The TBM can act unexpectedly when using a multi monitor setup that is not configured correctly.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.57.17 am.png

Edited by Goran_M

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

This is the part that is sticking out at me.  It's not the TBM crashing.  It looks like something inside XPilot and something to do with your display drivers.  Do you have some kind of extended monitor setup?  The TBM can act unexpectedly when using a multi monitor setup that is not configured correctly.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.57.17 am.png

Hello Goran,

I was trying to figure out how to enable the COM frequencies so I had to disable/enable xPilot because I tough it was a problem with xPilot so that is why you saw some logs related to xPilot.

I don't have multi-monitor setup, just one.

Make sure you enable the COM frequencies via the Audio panel (The panel to the left of the PFD).  Not enabling it there, and trying to enable it in XPilot may very well be the cause of the crash.

Also, check your display drivers.  Possibly consider reinstalling them, because the log does show some kind of display driver issue.

Edited by Goran_M

Ok thanks for your support, I will try it again.

I have some the next doubts:

1) Is it possible to map the TAXI and REV levers to the Saitek throttle?.

2) I made an offline flight from MMMX to MMMD and I chose APN7A as SID which ends on APN VOR but I couldn't select the UT42 airway, the "load airway" item was disabled.

3) Where is the perfomance documentation related to this airplane?.

1.  Yes.  Map a button to "Toggle thrust reverse".  This will bring the power lever back to the beta mode and you can taxi.  Bringing it back further will bring it into reverse.

2. If navdata is new, it can sometimes take a few weeks or a few months to make it into the next navdata file.  However, in saying that, make sure your navdata is up to date.

3.  You can literally download the actual TBM operations manual and use that.  There are links in the documentation we have included.  Here's one of them with the performance data included.

https://www.tbm.aero/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/PIM__900_AN__E0R2.pdf

Edited by Goran_M

Thank you for the excellent support.

The only issue that I'm still missing is related to the airway that couldn't be loaded at APN VOR; I was checking the "earth_awy.dat" file and the airway UT42 already includes APN VOR, my current AIRAC cycle is the last one 2003.

This line is from the earth_awy.dat file; since I couldn't loaded the airway from APN, I entered manually the next FIX which is DUTRO and then the option "load airway" was enabled at DUTRO so I could choose the UT42 airway.

APN MM  3 DUTRO MM 11 F 2 200 600 UT42

Anything to do with the airways or the navigation of the aircraft via the G1000 ultimately falls on Laminar, as it is their G1000 we're using as a foundation.  Everything else that is TBM specific is custom coded.  So your best bet would be to contact Laminar and let them know the issue with the airway.

Thank you so much Goran to reply all my doubts.

I have to say that I'm really happy with the TBM900, anyway I still have lot of information to read and learn about it; yesterday I could fly online a couple of routes on IVAO and the aircraft's behavior was amazing; I love GA airplanes and this TBM900 is the first single-engine aircraft I bought, it's very powerful.

Regards from Ecuador.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Theo-pilot said:

Hi guys, 

I'm also experiencing a similar issue. The sim always crashes during the load screen when im using vulkan and crashes during take off when I'm using open GL. Would anyone be able to assist me please?

Thank you.

TBM900_Log.txt 162.08 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 38.13 kB · 0 downloads GizmoLog.txt 776 B · 0 downloads

You have quite the collection plugins there, and any one of them could be contributing to the crash.  

I would start with removing xPilot.  We've had reports that it is not compatible with 11.51, and it looks like this is the problem plugin going by your log file.

After removing it, try x-plane again.  If it crashes, post another log.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 4:14 PM, Goran_M said:

You have quite the collection plugins there, and any one of them could be contributing to the crash.  

I would start with removing xPilot.  We've had reports that it is not compatible with 11.51, and it looks like this is the problem plugin going by your log file.

After removing it, try x-plane again.  If it crashes, post another log.

I removed the xPilot plugin and it seemed to work for a little while there however it has crashed again before reaching cruising altitude. I have attached the most recent log files hoping that you might be able to pin point what the actual issue is, please. 

Log.txt GizmoLog.txt TBM900_Log.txt

Unusual activity.  The log doesn't show X-Plane crashing.  It's actually a clean shut down.  (See the bottom of the attached screenshot taken from your log.)

The other thing it is showing is xPilot is still being loaded (See the top line of the log file I posted).  Did you disable it or remove it?

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.33.40 pm.png

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Unusual activity.  The log doesn't show X-Plane crashing.  It's actually a clean shut down.  (See the bottom of the attached screenshot taken from your log.)

The other thing it is showing is xPilot is still being loaded (See the top line of the log file I posted).  Did you disable it or remove it?

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 4.33.40 pm.png

I deleted the xPilot files and application from the plugins folder and my desktop. I'll have a search to see if a main folder is hiding here somewhere, thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted!