Freighter Conversion Option

Aero_Medic

As if the Dev Team don’t have enough on their plate... but a freighter conversion door option available on the update would be nice?. In the future perhaps?  I like flying the 737-300F with a Qantas Freighter livery and Toll Express livery. How realistic could that be?.

Although I am looking forward to having the passenger doors open in the update ... the rope access is getting very frayed and needs replacing ;)

C77807E8-A5E9-4C00-AC99-6E759D643BF8.jpeg

Ah, we used to call the "Quick Change" versions.

Those were dreaded trips - flying all through the night (CGN, GOT, CPH,...) with cargo, then landing in London first plane in the morning after the night curfew lifted. Offloaded cargo, loaded the pallets with the seats. Repositioned across the runway to the passenger terminal - slept an hour in the seat - then greet the well-rested flight attendants arriving from their hotel for the first flight LHR - FRA in the morning, stubbly and all.

Oh well, I was young and needed the money.

Jan

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Ah, we used to call the "Quick Change" versions.

Those were dreaded trips - flying all through the night (CGN, GOT, CPH,...) with cargo, then landing in London first plane in the morning after the night curfew lifted. Offloaded cargo, loaded the pallets with the seats. Repositioned across the runway to the passenger terminal - slept an hour in the seat - then greet the well-rested flight attendants arriving from their hotel for the first flight LHR - FRA in the morning, stubbly and all.

Oh well, I was young and needed the money.

Jan

Some airlines combine(d) the two and have/had cargo in the front, and pax in the back. Nolinor stil does this with their 737-200s.

• Like 1

Yes I’ve seen the Nolinor YouTube videos with that exact 737-200 combi version with the gravel plates on nose gear and high pressure nozzles on engine cowling to prevent gravel ingress. 

Wow Sounds like a very exhausting day having to load in seats and reconfigure the aircraft, thanks for the insight Jan.

40 minutes ago, Aero_Medic said:

Wow Sounds like a very exhausting day having to load in seats and reconfigure the aircraft, thanks for the insight Jan.

Well, the cockpit crew´s part in reconfiguring the aircraft was staying the *** out of the way (usually inside the cockpit with the door closed against the cold). The floor of those aircraft had ball-bearing type balls, so you could push the containers and the seats (mounted on big plates of 2 rows of seats) back and forth. They were loaded with a regular high-loader and stored in special trucks while not in use.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 6