SR22 Development Update 3

Coop

It has been a few weeks since the last update and we are excited to share all the progress we have made!

TS-SR22-29Feb-18.thumb.jpg.1794619041b5d195b3db4b94f1839bd7.jpg

First off, we now have the SR22 3D model integrated and flying in-sim! This is a huge milestone for us, as this means we will soon be entering our closed beta stage. 

We are also excited to announce that another developer has joined our team, Marius Bohn! Marius has been working on an engine model for the IO-550 for over a year, and we are in the process of integrating the custom engine model, custom oxygen system, custom anti-ice system, and more.

We have put together a preview of our current progress on the FMOD sound pack here:

TS-SR22-29Feb-20.thumb.jpg.14a00e2ad853de0a510220fe055eb967.jpgTS-SR22-29Feb-24.thumb.jpg.469d56d4918dd4596f82cd6904d0bc50.jpgTS-SR22-29Feb-8.thumb.jpg.50a4628ae462d737503a6c4652f9c2c6.jpgTS-SR22-29Feb-4.thumb.jpg.26935874c8d1389db668bd50fdf803c3.jpg

Check out the next previews by clicking here!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hangar said:

Very nice, how's the xwind flight model and ground handling coming along?...any change in plans for the release time-frame (it's already late Q1)?

Thanks!

We are still on track for a late Q1/Early Q2 release :) Flight model work is going great!

• Like 1

sounds good, really looking forward to this one as I refuse to buy another plane from [fill in the obvious company name here].

If you can, please pay special attention to the plane's xwind capabilities so it has enough rudder to keep nose straight down runway with strong direct xwind. I see alot of companies make the mistake of thinking that the maximum rated xwind component is really the maximum it can handle, and this is not true at all. It is actually the minimum the plane can handle.

If a plane has a max rated xwind comp. of 13kts then that is actually the bare minimum it can handle with no special skill or training for the pilot. The plane maybe able to actually handle 20-25kt direct xwind but it would be tricky and require more skill. We went through this conversation a few weeks back with the vflyteaire cessna 150 which starts to run out of rudder after a direct xwind of 9-10kts....theres not enough rudder left in it to perform a 15+ xwind...meanwhile the real plane can easily handle a 20kts xwind and ive seen pilot claiming theyve done 25 many times. Real pilot tend to agree that a plane's MAX rated xwind component should really be considered it's MINIMUM.

...food for thought...and there are articles about this you can find..i can provide at least one if you need it.

Thanks again...looking forward to getting a peak at the interior modeling too...very exciting!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hangar said:

sounds good, really looking forward to this one as I refuse to buy another plane from [fill in the obvious company name here].

If you can, please pay special attention to the plane's xwind capabilities so it has enough rudder to keep nose straight down runway with strong direct xwind. I see alot of companies make the mistake of thinking that the maximum rated xwind component is really the maximum it can handle, and this is not true at all. It is actually the minimum the plane can handle.

If a plane has a max rated xwind comp. of 13kts then that is actually the bare minimum it can handle with no special skill or training for the pilot. The plane maybe able to actually handle 20-25kt direct xwind but it would be tricky and require more skill. We went through this conversation a few weeks back with the vflyteaire cessna 150 which starts to run out of rudder after a direct xwind of 9-10kts....theres not enough rudder left in it to perform a 15+ xwind...meanwhile the real plane can easily handle a 20kts xwind and ive seen pilot claiming theyve done 25 many times. Real pilot tend to agree that a plane's MAX rated xwind component should really be considered it's MINIMUM.

...food for thought...and there are articles about this you can find..i can provide at least one if you need it.

Thanks again...looking forward to getting a peak at the interior modeling too...very exciting!

Yes, the flight model is a huge focus of ours - we want it as accurate as possible. We will make sure this gets tested.

Seeing that RSG is part of the team, will it have out of the box compatibility with the RSG G1000? Reason I ask well, is probably because I'm not doing something right, but flying different a/c that use the G1000, I tend to muck things up switching between them, and end up having to do something to get the panel working properly again. Usually it's just removing and resizing the panel before sliding it on to the display, but can get frustrating at times. Probably should consult with Jarrod or Brad to get back on track. Will be nice if it 'just works.'

Again, most likely it's something that I'm screwing up.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, wbs52 said:

Seeing that RSG is part of the team, will it have out of the box compatibility with the RSG G1000? Reason I ask well, is probably because I'm not doing something right, but flying different a/c that use the G1000, I tend to muck things up switching between them, and end up having to do something to get the panel working properly again. Usually it's just removing and resizing the panel before sliding it on to the display, but can get frustrating at times. Probably should consult with Jarrod or Brad to get back on track. Will be nice if it 'just works.'

Again, most likely it's something that I'm screwing up.

Thanks!

This will work directly with the RSG hardware. RSG commissioned us to do this project for the main purpose of having a Cirrus work directly out of the box with their awesome hardware. I'm excited for how far home simulation has come and it's getting even better as technology becomes more affordable. 

• Like 1