How to scroll to small menu with tabs and load Flight Plan

Mindyourstep

Hello,

I am struggling for this for a long time, because all tutorial videos show a GARMIN which has the knobs on the right side and in those videos you see people scroll through a small menu with tabs without any problems. 

In the TBM9 when I push the FPL-button a few two times the small menu with the tabs in the right lower corner show up, ("MAP WPT NRST FPL SYS checkLST") but after two or three seconds the whole popup goes away. So I don't have any time to find out what knob to turn or push to scroll through the submenu of a tab. My goal is to select the second item, called "FLIGHT PLAN CATALOG", because I think I can load a list of saved flight plans and select one. I could not find a way to load a flight plan via the MENU knob. It is so difficult. Would somebody like to explain how to load a flight plan? (and or use this small menu?)

Thanks.

Edited by Mindyourstep

*KIND OF SOLVED* So, not via the 'small menu with the tabs', but via the 'big' menu: unselect any line, and then turn the inner FMS-knob slightly to the right (instead of what the manual says: "click on the 3 o'clock corner of that inner knob")

By the way - other topic: In the mean time I re-installed the whole airplane because every session started with a continuous kind-of-crackle-white-noise sound (Could be the sound of rain or a transistor radio that is not correctly tuned)  I could not get rid of it. It started after I had to shut down X-plane in the air. In the next session I made a new airframe, started with the 'Getting Started" tutorial to reset everything, but the sound was there (right from the start from cold and dark to the end of the flight). A totally new install solved the problem. → Is there a kind of file that I can delete or change next time something like this happens?

On 3/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, Goran_M said:

It's unlikely the crackling sound is caused by the TBM.  We haven't had anyone else make a mention of this, so that leads me to believe this is some kind of local issue or slightly corrupt install which was fixed with a reinstall.  

Mmm, not quite. I've got it back, together with morse-beeps from a VOR-frequency while everything is cold and dark. I'll investigate this issue further.
edit: Aha, I know what it is...the volume of my COM. Strange that it is already giving white noise while off. Well, I turned it off. 

Edited by Mindyourstep