G5 on RSG G5 h/w

patkaser

That is due to how Windows automatically resizes windows when you drag the window. To have the window be automatically placed in there, you will need to set the coordinates of that location in the config file of the G5. Full details are available here: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/197208/G5+acfConfig.cfg+Description (please note, this page has been updated for 1.1 which is coming in the next few days, if you don't see some of the things shown on this page yet in your config file, don't fret)

The key values you will want to set are: 

• g5_nbzl_open_at_launch_a = 1 (and _b for the HSI) This will automatically open and pop-out the window at launch. Set this to 1
  • g5_nbzl_x_a = **** (and _b for the HSI) Set this value to the global screen coordinate of the left side of the G5 monitor, as configured with Windows.
  • g5_nbzl_y_a = **** (and _b for the HSI) Set this value to the global screen coordinate of the bottom side of the G5 monitor, as configured with Windows.

With these all set, the window should automatically popup and position itself when the plugin is loaded. It will take a bit of fiddling around to get the right coordinates, but once it is set, it should work great! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, Coop said:

That is due to how Windows automatically resizes windows when you drag the window. To have the window be automatically placed in there, you will need to set the coordinates of that location in the config file of the G5. Full details are available here: https://torquesim.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/G/pages/197208/G5+acfConfig.cfg+Description (please note, this page has been updated for 1.1 which is coming in the next few days, if you don't see some of the things shown on this page yet in your config file, don't fret)

• g5_nbzl_open_at_launch_a = 1 (and _b for the HSI) This will automatically open and pop-out the window at launch. Set this to 1
  • g5_nbzl_x_a = **** (and _b for the HSI) Set this value to the global screen coordinate of the left side of the G5 monitor, as configured with Windows.
  • g5_nbzl_y_a = **** (and _b for the HSI) Set this value to the global screen coordinate of the bottom side of the G5 monitor, as configured with Windows.

With these all set, the window should automatically popup and position itself when the plugin is loaded. It will take a bit of fiddling around to get the right coordinates, but once it is set, it should work great! 

Thanks i will try that. I will say that im surprised with how complicated this is to setup for even a power user. 

Edited by patkaser
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:16 PM, RealSimGear said:

Hi @Patkaser

Have you tried contacting us on our support address?  The white bar can be easily hidden.

support@realsimgear.com

The issue i had was with the software, not the hardware. I went to your website and there were no instruction on setting it up at all.  I had to chat with support, which did send me some instructions that i followed.

Edited by patkaser

On 2/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, Coop said:

How would i find the x and y coordinates to place the window?

10 hours ago, patkaser said:

How would i find the x and y coordinates to place the window?

X and Y coordinates are based on how your monitors are set up in your operating system preferences. The x value of 0 would be the left most edge of your left most monitor (or primary monitor, in some circumstances). The y value of 0 would be the bottom most edge of your bottom most monitor (or primary monitor, in some circumstances). The best method to place the panels is to try different values in the config file, save the file, then in X-Plane, you can go to the developer menu and "Reload Aircraft (without art)" and the plugin will reload, without you needing to reload the whole simulator. 

15 hours ago, patkaser said:

So how do i set the stacking order? the bottom ones title bar is over the one above it and I can only fix it if I click on them and set it manually

Oh, interesting. Haven't though of load ordering mattering, but I guess on a single monitor it really would. I will file a bug on this so G5_B loads before G5_A at initialization.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...