cumulus needs to improve!

widows 98

Thanks for the update, the issue with some third-party aircraft is gone but I think, the clouds are looking a bit " dirty "

I selected only 1 x Few Cumulus, they use to look more white with SMP 4.9.2 and earlier. Now, one single clouds layer ( few cumulus ) look white mixed with some grey ....

I tried different settings, I uninstall it first 4.9.2 / graphics settings / different sky colors, etc

Even XP 11 fresh install. Few cumulus clouds and all the types, except Cirrus clouds

Is there something I could do ?

I disabled SMP cloud shadows / Lens Flare / Crepuscular Rays / force Cirrus layer, etc

Thank you

SMP 4.9.3.jpg

We intentionally made the cloud lighting more complex. The sides of the clouds facing the sun should still be white, but large clouds do get darker as light passes through them. It may take some getting used to if you're used to our previous look where the clouds were just entirely white everywhere, but that wasn't realistic.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, xZone said:

Can I, please, have the previous clouds, back? 

Is there a way to download and install the 4.9.2 version ? 

Thank you 

Give it a try, as Sundog said the lighting model is more complex.

One screenshot under specific conditions doesn’t tell the whole story.

Sundog made these changes and I tested under many conditions and I was blown away in regards to the added depth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sundog said:

We intentionally made the cloud lighting more complex. The sides of the clouds facing the sun should still be white, but large clouds do get darker as light passes through them. It may take some getting used to if you're used to our previous look where the clouds were just entirely white everywhere, but that wasn't realistic.

Please keep this new cloud lighting I love it and I was about to write about this new change. Looks completely realistic to me thanks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, xZone said:

Can I, please, have the previous clouds, back? 

Is there a way to download and install the 4.9.2 version ? 

Thank you 

Make some flights with real weather ( Active sky or Fsgrw) on Cloudy conditions, new lighting looks ultra nice + one step further from previous releases. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xZone said:

Okay, I'll try it again 

Thanks! 

The colors of the clouds have always been subjective along with all visual aspects be it either X-Plane or our initiatives....We develop visual improvements carefully ;) 

MaxxFX was developed, to allow users, to fine tune the whole scene to their liking due to the subjectivity.....

10 minutes ago, xZone said:

John, what exactly did you modify, for the clouds ? Only some TGA files, or something else  ?

If what you're wondering is can you edit the colors, the answer is no. It's not something you can "edit".

John simply rid of some artifacts that were present in some TGA files.