CRJ-200 Released!

Cameron

First of all congratulation for the work done. I have to state that after using Texan I did not expect anything less. First impressions, after 30 min, are very positive. Plane behaves well, autopilot is doing what is suppose to do correctly. FMS is straight forward and actually, if you are use to using FMS yo do not need any additional training. In my opinion FMS could use some additional work. Related to that there is a question; can you type in flight cruise flight level in CRJ FMS? I think you should and the automatic calculation of TOC and TOD should be among features. Off course it is easy to calculate it manually but FMS should provide that info. Correct me if wrong because i do not now the real CRJ FMS.

Visual model and cockpit are just great and animations as well. Touchdown effects are my favorite. Not to forget to congratulate you on the sound package. And off course the most important issue - AIRAC update is great.

This is a general that will attract FS users to test x-plane and discover its beauty (I use bout simulators). Off course this plane was build by a small team and FS add-ons are being developed by companies....

Great work, hope to see further developments and updates.

This plane is a benchmark for X-plane community. At least in my view.

I have i5 and it works beautifully.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FMS is straight forward and actually, if you are use to using FMS yo do not need any additional training. In my opinion FMS could use some additional work. Related to that there is a question; can you type in flight cruise flight level in CRJ FMS? I think you should and the automatic calculation of TOC and TOD should be among features. Off course it is easy to calculate it manually but FMS should provide that info. Correct me if wrong because i do not now the real CRJ FMS.

As said in other topic:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2136.0

The real FMS of the CRJ200 doesn't have any vnav mode in autopilot. Only advisories. And advisories are already done on SID and STARs. But still we want to make the pilot introduce the altitude he wants on the point he selects.

So only Vnav Advisory.

Also the Real FMS (the first versions on CRJ200) doesn't have TOD calculation point. So this FMS is more complete than imagined by people. BUT we have to still work on Holdings a little bit and fuel prediction.

cheers,

Javier

Finally found some time to do the tutorial flight and all I can say is wow - great plane! Truely a new level of X-Plane aircraft. No problems at all during my flight (okay, it banked a bit to the right, but I guess that was due to the wind) and a beautiful experience. Definitely worth the money!

Alex

I have started x-plane with CRJ, then I loaded other plane (default ciruss) and restarted x-plane. X-plane loaded with ciruss and then i selected x737...CDT again. My x737 is dead in combination with CRJ. I have x737 with x747 fmc.

Hi-am the proud owner of the new CRJ-200 on a late 2009 Mac Pro. While everything seems fine, I am unable to turn on the main battery, so none of my PFD,MFD,or FMS screens work. They are all completely dark. When I try and manipulate that darn battery switch with the mouse, other than getting the little hand mouse pointer to show up, that battery switch won't move. Can someone please offer some advice to a desperately anxious x-plane nut? While I'm at it, i cannot find the popup regions for any of the screens as well. What the heck am I doing wrong. BTW, let me just say that in order to try & correct all this, I have uninstalled the plane twice, restarted the computer each time, and now that I have reinstalled for the 3rd time, I am still stuck with all of the above problems.

Not that I'm whining, of course!

Thanks,

Stan

OK< I moved the whole take charge folder out of the Heavies folder right to the root folder. I tried running the plane with the  CRJAvionics plugins (including the vascor plugin) within the root directory's plugins folder. That did not work - so I moved the whole CRJAvionics with vascor back to the planes root directory.

Still the exact same predicament. The mouse operates all the little switches, such as external lights, but when it comes to those big switches like the battery master, nothing doing. No movement whatever, so the screens remain dark and unusable. Do you think I should start yet again, kill the plane, and re-install in XP's root directory? Do you really think this will solve my problem. Right now, I'm just about ready to throw down the towel and call it quits! So I lost 60 bucks.

But then I think this is my defeatist side talking - and have to plod on with whatever suggestions you guys can come up with.

Stan

You are not installing right. You have to install the plane in x-plane folder DON'T MOVE ANYTHING!!! if you move the vascore to the plane folder it won't work..

on windows: those are the folders:

x-Plane

Resources

plugins

vascore

JRollonPlanes

imageformats

Aircraft

(whatever directory... x-aviation?)

CRJ-200

after install, run the c++ distrubution software...

mac:

on your library/usernamed (whatever name you have on your mac) it should be the Frameworks.

DO IT OVER A DEMO CLEAN VERSION OF X-PLANE PLEASE!!!

BUT if still you don't make it work, which I believe is still is a problem 100% from your computer, drivers.. whatever.. (installation).. then don't publish here your issue... publish it on support forum.. read all the sticky before posting and try other costummers solution.

and always while posting.. send your log.txt please.

Thanks!

OK, I think i got it. Remember, I'm on a Mac. That's why I'm wondering what you mean by saying "mac:

on your library/usernamed (whatever name you have on your mac) it should be the Frameworks. What should be the Frameworks?

Am I to understand I need to have whatever's in the Frameworks folder, put into my "username's Library folder? This step I never did before - who would have dreamed this was needed? Now please don't get me wrong - I think Javier did a bang-up job on the CRJ and it's probably one of the all-time best aircraft for x-plane certainly - maybe FS too (I don't know because I never use MS products unless I'm forced to, like in the office/work situation).

OK, meantime I will move Frameworks to my library folder..

oh no. "DON'T MOVE ANYTHING!!!" is what Javier said - and that's right on a Mac. Run the installer, telling the installer the directory of X-PLANE, NOT where you may want to have the CRJ installed (won't work as with other planes) - finished! Don't move the plane now or anything else.

But why you have to move??? the installer should copy all for you in the right places.. so I don't understand why you have to move anything.

Yes.. in mac the frameworks is necesary for QT graphics...

What I should do.... uninstall everything. Install it again pointhing your x-plane instalation directory. you don't need to do anything.. just load the plane if everything is ok. If not, then you have a problem with the installer.. and you must report Cameron to let him know.

I know this plane can be the best.. but also the worst if it is not loading. But that is not my fault! I try to do my best for everyone enjoy the plane, but I cannot control all hardware around!! If you are patience (the plane only has 1 week of life out) then I think we can fix it.. but you have to be patience.

The same aircraft you cannot load is the same as other they can fly. Same files.. so it is working. Believe me.

cheers,

Gentlemen - my CRJ is 100% functional! And I couldn't be more happy! I realized that for the CRJ to work as intended, the Vascor plugin had to be in play, in the root plugins file. But whenever I loaded up with any simple GA or any other plane even one that does not need the Gizmo plugin, every time x-plane crashed to the desktop. Soon as I removed Vascor, no more crashes but without Vascor, the CRJ wouldn't work. So now, I had another brain-storm. Obviously, there was a conflict or conflicts between Vascor and some of the other plugins amongst the collection. So I went through the whole file one by one, simple process of elimination, until I had discovered every plugin that caused x-plane to crash on loadup. Turned out it was only two that had been driving me totally nuts. I would think this will apply to everyone on a Mac that is struggling to get the CRJ going. So I'm passing on this information to the group; remove these two plugins and your problems will be gone. They are "CustomSBDataRefs001Mac.xpl" and CustomSBDatarefs001.ini". These two plugins HAVE to be deleted/removed from the plugins folder. I took screenshots of the panel in daylight & at night, but I don't think we are allowed to send attachments,right?

Gentlemen - my CRJ is 100% functional! And I couldn't be more happy! I realized that for the CRJ to work as intended, the Vascor plugin had to be in play, in the root plugins file. But whenever I loaded up with any simple GA or any other plane even one that does not need the Gizmo plugin, every time x-plane crashed to the desktop. Soon as I removed Vascor, no more crashes but without Vascor, the CRJ wouldn't work. So now, I had another brain-storm. Obviously, there was a conflict or conflicts between Vascor and some of the other plugins amongst the collection. So I went through the whole file one by one, simple process of elimination, until I had discovered every plugin that caused x-plane to crash on loadup. Turned out it was only two that had been driving me totally nuts. I would think this will apply to everyone on a Mac that is struggling to get the CRJ going. So I'm passing on this information to the group; remove these two plugins and your problems will be gone. They are "CustomSBDataRefs001Mac.xpl" and CustomSBDatarefs001.ini". These two plugins HAVE to be deleted/removed from the plugins folder. I took screenshots of the panel in daylight & at night, but I don't think we are allowed to send attachments,right?

Stan,

I would still be skeptical of your install.

If your CRJ was in your heavy metal folder, then you improperly installed this aircraft. You should have selected your MAIN X-Plane directory for install, and NOT your heavy metal folder.

I suggest you run the CRJ uninstall application and re-install from scratch.

Best Regards,

Cameron

Installed the CRJ on my imac yesterday, absolutely loving it. Finally a jet that comes into the aftermarket league like on MFS. This will certainly change the x-plane landscape.

I have a question, since I immediately started using it to train a Lufthansa grading (on a CRJ900 sim) my girlfriend and another friend have in about two months (if passed to start on the CRJ in Munich). We want to practice standard approaches on some German airports, Hamburg and Stuttgart mainly. But we have no way to hold the DME (there is a button on the comm/nav panel, but it's not active) nor can we find an indication of the DME of any beacon set in NAV2 (except when selected active). And because we cannot indicate a second DME, there's no way to check altitude versus distance on the ILS nor can we do a missed approach procedure which requires another DME (except when constantly switching beacons). Both Hamburg and Stuttgart use separate DME stations (the ILS's don't have their own DME), without seeing a distance from NAV2 or without the ability to hold DME it is rather complex (and unlike the grading) to set up and do the approaches there.

Are we missing something? Is there a way to get the NAV2 DME distance visible? Right now the only DME we see is the one of the selected active NAV, which the ILS there doesn't have.

Another minor detail, there doesn't seem to be an automatic ident of a beacon if it does't have DME (such as LUB VOR or the ILS's at HAM). But that's solved by just listening out the morse code.

I hope someone can help with the second DME indication, it would be greatly appreciated.

Right now you are right, you cannot see two separate ADF DME distances in the plane. I pretend to make upgrades in the future, and one of them this one, but I cannot promise (as I didn't promise anything for the beginning). But if everything goes well, I hope you can see it on future updates (not this 1.1 version, that is a bug resolver version.. and little new stuff added)

for now you can assign the nav source switch a key of your keyboard to change. Ask TOBS how to do it (he knows better than me, becuase he made testings succesfully).

cheers,

Switching nav sources isn't really the problem. And right in the middle of an ILS you don't want to switch nav sources to check the DME. If only there was a way to see the NAV2 distance somewhere, that would already make it usable. Thanks for your help so far, keep up the great work.

On a lighter note, just curious about something.  I notice the number of aircraft functions that are not yet modeled/represented in the CRJ at this time such as the different aircraft system pages for the left center screen and a bunch of switches and so on on the panels.  Are there plans to include further functionality in future updates? 

And just to be clear, this is not any sort of expression of my displeasure with the model, just a simple question is all.  Thanks!

On a lighter note, just curious about something.  I notice the number of aircraft functions that are not yet modeled/represented in the CRJ at this time such as the different aircraft system pages for the left center screen and a bunch of switches and so on on the panels.  Are there plans to include further functionality in future updates? 

And just to be clear, this is not any sort of expression of my displeasure with the model, just a simple question is all.  Thanks!

Most of these are minor, however, our wish is to do so.

A lot of whether any of this will be done relies on the success of the product in it's current form (sans bugs).