CRJ-200 Released!

Cameron

Hi!

Congratulations on the long awaited CRJ release.

Thanks for another top quality plane with the deep systems but the sound simulation could be better, the default x-plane sound architecture doesn't cut it these days (e.g. external engine low throttle stepping frequency). The SSJ, Yak-40 with SASL and B206, BK-117 with DreamEngine plugins are different league in that respect. The framerate is ok, 33fps (vs. Yak 38fps). Congratulations on the core utilization: it's 500% of 800% on the 4 core Macs (MacPro & MacBookPro).   

regards

arti

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm going to have to pass on the CRJ for now; too pricey for me, unfortunately  :D

But hey, if it ever goes on sale...

Just a quote from Xplane10's Blog " know some people will complain about the price, 60 USD. It is expensive. But for all that you get, the moment you open that aircraft, it’s superb quality will blow the bill out your other ear. Please, don’t go whining like a little girl on ANY forum concerning the price. It’s 100000000000 percent worth it. YOU WILL LOVE THE AIRCRAFT. Guaranteed"

Read the full article here and you must agree that this product is appropriately priced.  http://xplane10.wordpress.com/

I'm loving this thing right now... Took me about 2 hours to get everything straight, but I'm currently crossing the CAN/USA border at 19000 feet for FL320 with 2.5 hours of flight time left to go!  GREAT AIRPLANE!!!  Totally worth the money

EDIT:  On VATSIM doing my flight, and I've had a few people ask what I'm flying.  People seem to be pretty excited on there for this acf to come out, and I might have made a few MFS'ers consider coming over to X-plane for it!

Well, I'm going to have to pass on the CRJ for now; too pricey for me, unfortunately  :D

But hey, if it ever goes on sale...

Just a quote from Xplane10's Blog " know some people will complain about the price, 60 USD. It is expensive. But for all that you get, the moment you open that aircraft, it’s superb quality will blow the bill out your other ear. Please, don’t go whining like a little girl on ANY forum concerning the price. It’s 100000000000 percent worth it. YOU WILL LOVE THE AIRCRAFT. Guaranteed"

Read the full article here and you must agree that this product is appropriately priced.  http://xplane10.wordpress.com/

I agree with you 100%!  I've heard the price whiners concerning all the really high-end payware aircraft, including PMDG, and they are all the same.  They are used to downloading and filling their sims with freeware, and anything above $23 is just simply outrageous.

When I seen this CRJ for $60, I was surprised that they were giving it away so cheap! I've been watching the development of this aircraft and waiting patiently, ready to pay more than that.

They have been working very hard on this simulation for over two years and now I can fly a CRJ-200 on my home computer as much as I want, for only a one time payment of $60?  Give me a break! This aircraft is beautiful and I see nothing to complain about.

Once again I congratulate Javier and the whole wonderful team.  You guys have just raised the bar for all X-Plane developers, set a standard that will attract new developers and made an historical contribution in realistic payware aircraft.

I'm considering purchasing this aircraft but have one question, and some concerns...

My question, is navigraph necessary, or is it simply an optional part of this model?

Also, my concern is just the sheer number of "issues" that have been reported so far.  I'm having trouble figuring out what is simply operator/installer errors, versus what might actually be a problem.  While I'm sure Javier and XAviation will fix any issues asap, it makes me want to wait a little bit longer before purchasing.

I'm considering purchasing this aircraft but have one question, and some concerns...

My question, is navigraph necessary, or is it simply an optional part of this model?

Also, my concern is just the sheer number of "issues" that have been reported so far.  I'm having trouble figuring out what is simply operator/installer errors, versus what might actually be a problem.  While I'm sure Javier and XAviation will fix any issues asap, it makes me want to wait a little bit longer before purchasing.

Navigraph is not necessary, by any means so far as I've encountered.  I was able to follow the instructions for the FMS and get it programmed pretty easily and accurately.  There are definitely a few bugs, but none have affected my experience, so far, and once I was able to work around the start-up issues (conflict with the x737 acf, and xmapping anomalies) its been nothing but smooth flying!

Yes, it's necessary. However, we provide you with one free, slightly outdated version of Navigraph data when you purchase the aircraft. It is pre-installed for you. It is up to you to keep the data up to date if you choose to.

Also, my concern is just the sheer number of "issues" that have been reported so far.  I'm having trouble figuring out what is simply operator/installer errors, versus what might actually be a problem.  While I'm sure Javier and XAviation will fix any issues asap, it makes me want to wait a little bit longer before purchasing.

A large chunk thus far has been operator error sans the installer issue, which appears to only be sporadic. Given the number of sales vs. reported installer issues, our success rate still far outweighs the non-successful by a large margin. To add to that, those with minor hiccups have found the solution quickly. That said, I am investigating the installer issue on the few systems it has occurred on and will most definitely find a fix even though I can't seem to reproduce the problems so easy.

In the end the decision is yours. Thanks for considering!

Well it's good to see that you do provide a version, regardless of it being outdated, of the navigraph data.

The errors, etc, while I find them to be a part of every payware release, it just seems like there have been a few with this model, likely due to the insane amount of anticipation that has been applied to this model. 

The errors, etc, while I find them to be a part of every payware release, it just seems like there have been a few with this model, likely due to the insane amount of anticipation that has been applied to this model. 

With complexity comes confusion due to lack of reading or motivation to do so. As such, what really isn't a bug becomes one in a person's eyes. It's just a fact we have to deal with, but luckily learn early on if you pay attention to products like those that PMDG comes out with!

Wow! I had no idea it's out. I will be purchasing. Products like this are not just giving simulation enthusiasts what they want, they are in lock-step with X-Plane's future. FSX is dead without addons. Once the market sees a top-drawer product like this and others, X-Plane (I believe) will really start seeing serious numbers.

Congrats to all involved. This is a fantastic time to be into simulation. 

I have it, I love it and I am preparing to fly it. .oO(Not before the RTFM work is done...)Oo.  :)

Excellent documentation, amazing tutorial, nice installer.

Every page worth printing on inkjet ;)

Since VA LeipzigAir is ready to accept PIREPS (planned for CRJ700, flown with CRJ200), these flights will soon be overbooked, I presume.

No frame problems on imac i7 2.8 GHz 8 GB - HD4850 512 MB.

First time noticing: There is a fan inside my mac :D

And a fan in front of it - a CRJ200 fan. Thank you, guys! Esta bien!

So you really did it, congratulations!  :P

My Setup is waiting for the crj, but there´s still a question. Would it be possible to streetch the crj over three Displays, with a computer on the back of each (imac i5 in the middle, macpro and a dualcore Pc for the sideviews)? As far as i know its not a big problem, but i may need a copy of the plane on each computer and two windows in 2d mode for the sideviews. would it work with the crj?