TBM900 crashed X-Plane11.4r1 on iMac27

ilankrt

Well, I was Happy to hear about the newest update of the TBM900 and thought that my problems with it (fps between 1 - 2) is now solved. After installing I chose the TBM model. It was not in cold and dark mode and started to move. OK, maybe some positions were left from last try. So I set a new model flight. Now it seems to be in correct mode, but then X-Plane crashed. I tried more times and always same result. What is going on!?  I need urgent help so I am attaching my Log.txt file...

Log.txt

Edited by ilankrt

I'm afraid this one's not one of ours. It was caused by some other plugin doing something related to "DownloadAirportFiles". I can't tell you which plugin it was, except that it wasn't us. The filename "mac.xpl" is a non-specific plugin name, which means the plugin doesn't use modern v3 fat packages (otherwise you'd see the exact plugin name there, which in the case of the TBM would be "systems.xpl").

3 hours ago, RobW05 said:

You may want to update your GPU driver as you are on a fairly old version. That may solve your problem. 

Edit: sorry, disregard. I somehow confused your log with another one. It's not your driver. 

Hi thanks for answer. I don't know were this GPU driver is situated inside X-PLANE. Can you please tell me where to find and how to update it?

1 minute ago, skiselkov said:

@ilankrt Ignore those messages about drivers. You have a Mac. You don't update your drivers manually, Apple manages drivers for you inside of macOS.

That is what I know about my iMac, thanks. (I thought Rob was talking about driver inside X-Plane). I will eliminate all plugins see what happen and if TBM works fine I"ll try to reinstall them one by one to see  if they don't cause TBM/XP to crash - will tell about my experience

• Like 1

Test flight with XP clean from plugins on my  iMac (4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB memory, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB). It seems to work well but with low fps (20-25 cockpit view) at middle range of Graphic settings. Disabling the reflection has increased minimaly the fps. I made a short flight without problems. Now I am going to add my plugins one by one to see who cause crash.. 

BTW what is the box on upper dashboard?! (trying to open it fps dropped to 1 fps)

1 hour ago, oldflyguy said:

That's the AOA indicator.  Wow, I'm thinking that should have zero impact on FPS.  However you are using a 4GB Radeon and that probably is a big contributing factor...

Why do you think that the Radeon card should be a factor? In fact in my next iMac I will have Radeon Pro Vega 48 with 8GB of HBM2 memory...

We all are waiting now for Vulkan/Metal to come, maybe it will change things significantly....

Hi @ilankrt!  There are two reasons.  One has nothing to do with whether it's a Radeon or Nvidia - it's the 4GB RAM.  The TBM is a demanding model RAM wise and combined with 3rd party scenery it's possible that could be an issue.  I don't know anything about your XP install and add-on's I'm just mentioning it a a possible issue.  The second reason is that Radeon drivers just don't do OpenGL that well - a known issue with XP.  And yes, you should see an improvement with Vulcan.  I have Intel / Nvidia right now and when the feedback begins to come in on Vulcan I may switch to AMD / Radeon for my new build sometime this year.  One other thought (I"m not a Mac person) - iMac screens use pretty high resolutions, correct?  I don't know the particulars but that's a really big factor for you as well.  Can you lower the resolution on a Mac?

Edited by oldflyguy

1 hour ago, oldflyguy said:

Hi @ilankrt!  There are two reasons.  One has nothing to do with whether it's a Radeon or Nvidia - it's the 4GB RAM.  The TBM is a demanding model RAM wise and combined with 3rd party scenery it's possible that could be an issue.  I don't know anything about your XP install and add-on's I'm just mentioning it a a possible issue.  The second reason is that Radeon drivers just don't do OpenGL that well - a known issue with XP.  And yes, you should see an improvement with Vulcan.  I have Intel / Nvidia right now and when the feedback begins to come in on Vulcan I may switch to AMD / Radeon for my new build sometime this year.  One other thought (I"m not a Mac person) - iMac screens use pretty high resolutions, correct?  I don't know the particulars but that's a really big factor for you as well.  Can you lower the resolution on a Mac?

Correct! My iMac full screen resolution is 2560x1440 but for running XP I used a lower resolution of 2048 x 1152. For now on  I run my XP simulation connected to  a second super wider 49" screen , 144Hz refresh rate at 3840 x 1080 screen resolution. Managing the two screens is really the big factor but it runs perfect without any overload....