XP 11.41R1 and SMP 4.8.2 with RWC: Cloud Brightness at Night

Fab10

Hi,

May I please ask whether the following screenshot is representative of how SMP/RWC and XP11.41 should appear at nightime?

446963296_XP11SMPRWCFSGRWNighttimeLightingCloudBrightness.thumb.PNG.34714648cba9810799146eb88282e47f.PNG

I don't recall seeing my SMP clouds as being quite so bright or even visible during the hours of darkness (soft cumulus, soft HD overcast, cirrus set to ridges).

60084135_SMPSettings.PNG.080b2e966b4f51991e47a48a3ff25925.PNG

I have an enhanced lighting package but removing this makes no difference.

Thanks,

Fabio

OK, good point.

The flight is set January 7th 2018 using historic weather, and we are over the Canary Islands.

Would you say that the screen shot looks as expected, or are the clouds too bright?

I'd be happy if you said that this these settings produced this look, I just wanted to know as I don't recall SMP clouds being quite so light in colouration/tone.

Thanks,

Fabio

Let me rephrase.

I'm not trying to pin anyone down to a hard and fast answer or explanation, I'm literally just looking for an opinion.

I've not been in an airliner at nightime when the clouds looked quite so bright or defined.

It's a half-moon sort of night. :-)

Edited by Fab10

On that day the moon was almost 3/4 full. So yes, I do think you would see the clouds at night under those conditions. If anything I think the ground should be brighter in that scene, not that the clouds should be darker.

The don't look overly bright on my monitor here, so perhaps you just need to dial down the brightness on your monitor a bit.

I am so not trying to be difficult.

My present weather add-on combination, specifically SMP with RWC and FSGRW, is by far my favourite.

Instead, please see this as a genuine enquiry as I am concerned that my SMP is not behaving or displaying correctly. 

I'm just looking for reassurance that it is working and rendering as expected. 

The written word can be a poor conveyer of thoughts and feelings, and probably my posts have not been read as intended.

Thank you,

Fabio

13 hours ago, Fab10 said:

I am so not trying to be difficult.

My present weather add-on combination, specifically SMP with RWC and FSGRW, is by far my favourite.

Instead, please see this as a genuine enquiry as I am concerned that my SMP is not behaving or displaying correctly. 

I'm just looking for reassurance that it is working and rendering as expected. 

The written word can be a poor conveyer of thoughts and feelings, and probably my posts have not been read as intended.

Thank you,

Fabio

Sorry Fabio I haven’t had time to fire up xp to give you a good example.

Im dealing with the end of year rush, an extremely busy time for me.

I’ll follow up once I have time.....