1.1.10 Issues

EGT

Hi,

I have some issues since the update to 1.1.10:

* Aircraft pitches up wildly after lift-off requiring nose-down trim
* Aircraft pitch response is too sensitive to airspeed, and results in the wild pitch up with only a 1 kt increase in speed
* What happened to P-Factor?!
* Aircraft now bounces like a kangaroo on touchdown
* Maintenance manager green health bars are offset from the window and draw outside of it

The P-Factor in 1.1.9 was already too low (I understand there was a problem with takeoffs prior to 1.1.9 but I only bought it recently), but now it seems non-existent.

The blue line for rudder takeoff trim setting is completely irrelevant (it was in 1.1.9 as well), but now it seems rudder isn't required at all?

I don't know what broke in 1.1.10 but it feels worse now than 1.1.9 did. Please fix the P-Factor and the pitch-up problems! These aircraft pull to the side like crazy. The sim doesn't. Aside from the lack of yaw she flew really nicely in 1.1.9.

Edited by EGT

I can confirm the pitch up after takeoff when the trim is in the takeoff position. It pitches up over 20°, loses speed than down to 10°. One has to cancel the rotation with a mighty push to the yoke. I think there is something wrong with the trim. I find myself flying halfway between T/O and DN all the time, even at landing. I checked on the outside and the T/O position does indeed look like a bit trim up. But it works like fully trim up.

A working takeoff trim is now 40% up between T/O and fully down.

Edited by mga010

This is not something we have seen or can reproduce.  I just loaded up the TBM and tested this now, and all is working fine.  It seems to be something on the hardware side.  Today, I watched a streamer (JonFly), and he did a full flight with the TBM with none of the controller issues described.  

Do you have any scripts or plugins that could be overriding the controls or the trim?

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

This is not something we have seen or can reproduce.  I just loaded up the TBM and tested this now, and all is working fine.  It seems to be something on the hardware side.  Today, I watched a streamer (JonFly), and he did a full flight with the TBM with none of the controller issues described.  

Do you have any scripts or plugins that could be overriding the controls or the trim?

I looked for JonFly's videos with the TBM900. The last one was before the update in December. I found one of "clumsy" with the recent version, and he is trimming down just as I described after takeoff.

I did some more touch and goes. Indeed, I have to fly at 50% down (halfway from T/O to fully down) trim, even at 130kts, for a level flight at 3000ft, just like that Youtuber "clumsy". That sounds strange. Then, I have never flown the real thing.

Edited by mga010

This might not be relevant in this case, but I think these days when talking about flying behaviour of an XP aircraft we always have to check: are you using the experimental flight model? 

Maybe that is an "issue". There have been a lot changes to it in the last weeks/months...I haven't checkedthis possible influences the way you described on my own so far.

• 2 weeks later...