Stutters with v 1.10

bachardie

Exactly the same issue. I have posted on the link informing of the update to 1.1.0. 

I run a 4K monitor @ 30Hz with V-Sync enabled in Nvidia giving me 30FPS. The TBM is causing XP to constantly stutter as you can see in the data output graph. XP 11.40 and the TBM was perfect on version 1.0.9 this morning, I installed 1.1.0 and now I have a broken TBM. 

Running a 8700K @ 4.8Ghz, 1080Ti... vanilla install of XP with no addons at all. All other aircraft are fine.

IMG_2186.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rjsict said:

This issue looks to be related to using XP 11.40 in Full Screen Simulation with Default Monitor Settings.

The stutters disappear in Windowed Mode. This is of course a temporary work around. Please can others confirm the stutters disappear in Windowed Mode?

I always fly windowed mode and got these stutters.

fly safe

For information, I have installed an app called Borderless Gaming so effectively running Windowed however this clever app displays full screen...

This doesn’t fix the fault... I cannot run the TBM in full screen with XP settings without getting a consistent frame drop every second.

Thanks folks... and Gregg I don't use FlyWithLUA, only in the past with 3jFPS but I haven't used this in a while.

I will hold out on a potential fix... happy to send logs etc. I have also posted on Discord. It seems to me to be an issue with selecting Default Monitor once Full Screen Simulator is enabled in XP settings. No stutters when using full screen in a different, non native resolution. I'm running 4K @ 30hz. These stutters aren't random, they are consistent, every second the sim glitches.

@rjsict My issue was remedied by lowering my AA, I had it full to the right. It is now at 4X. The changelog mentioned "added new glass reflections to PFDs & MFD screens, adjusted panel textures, etc", These new items put more of a strain to my GPU, thus causing my stutters. I noticed you use a 4K monitor setup with no AA, Of course your situation will vary as every setup is not the same.

I hope you get your issues resolved.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In some cases, the workaround is still running X-Plane in windowed mode, or if you insist on running it in full screen mode, having a browser window open behind the sim.  

The problem is still being worked on to find a more permanent solution. 

6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

In some cases, the workaround is still running X-Plane in windowed mode, or if you insist on running it in full screen mode, having a browser window open behind the sim.  

The problem is still being worked on to find a more permanent solution. 

Thanks Goran, what changed between 1.09 and 1.10? I am actually testing the TBM in Beta 6 and the general frame drops have disappeared, however whenever the power lever quadrant pop up appears in the bottom right corner the TBM stutters... again the fix is to have a browser window open behind the main XP... full screen, latest version of TBM... so odd! But at least there are workarounds :)

1 minute ago, rjsict said:

Thanks Goran, what changed between 1.09 and 1.10? I am actually testing the TBM in Beta 6 and the general frame drops have disappeared, however whenever the power lever quadrant pop up appears in the bottom right corner the TBM stutters... again the fix is to have a browser window open behind the main XP... full screen, latest version of TBM... so odd! But at least there are workarounds :)

The only thing that changed is Vulkan and Metal compatibility, along with some bug fixes.  However, AMD are still falling behind nvidia as far as driver stability and optimization is concerned, and that's causing issues with some PC's.  But as I said in another thread, these issues are few and far between.  I'm seeing very few issues on my Mac, and no CTD's.  So it's like trying to hit a real target that's among a group of fake ones, as far as bug fixing is concerned.  

I just bought today the TBM900 and I'm also experiencing stuttering; mostly on ground than on air. I tried to add a really bad weather situation and stuttering on ground were big enough that I got minimally motion-sick (i'm quite sensible to that). On air was quite noticeable but not as bad as on  ground. I have a i7 7700k, 16GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz and a GTX 1080ti (all three things OCd) and XPlane 11 is running on a bought copy (11.41) and on fullscreen.

For example, in a default african airport I was parked at the ramp at 62FPS with drops at 58FPS by miliseconds (stutters)

Is there any thing that I could make to help you guys solve this? Do you think that it will improve on Vulkan release?

And don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying the plane. I have tons of bought airplanes, and this is the best one BY FAR. We just need to get rid of those stutters :D

I'm not looking for an immediate solution; but add me to the list of users that noticed the micro-stutters appearing in the last few versions.  The TBM was much smoother prior to December of last year... so if you're looking for the cause, look at the more recent changes that have been made.  Frame-rates are steady, so it's not because of overloaded hardware; but there is definitely some background process that is giving the TBM a "hitch in its git-along".

It takes me over a minute to pan L to R in a cold and dark first loaded with sliders all the way to the left in graphics.  It worked great before.  That's in windowed mode!  HELP!  I miss the TBM!  BTW I uninstalled successfully and reinstalled.  No Joy....TIA....

One other interesting part of this.  When I load into the TBM it's all very cloudy graphics - out of focus and way enlarged - zoomed in.  I can't zoom out far enough to get a view of the flight deck.  Same externally.  I am in Windowed mode and when I try and switch to Full Screen it crashes the sim.  All other AC work fine.  Where do I find settings for FPS and monitor tweeks?  THANKS!

Edited by Triple3