TBM 900 v1.1.10 Update Released!

Cameron

6 minutes ago, Cameron said:

@BobGramm @robder

There is no official final word as to what's happening on Mac at this time (both in Discord or here) other than it is still being investigated. It's possible Catalina is at play with its new security requirements, but no final word yet.

Thanks for the update. I‘m not on Catalina, but experiencing various problems on Mojave and x-plane 11.40

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

@BobGramm @robder

There is no official final word as to what's happening on Mac at this time (both in Discord or here) other than it is still being investigated. It's possible Catalina is at play with its new security requirements, but no final word yet.

No I am on Mojave. Has nothing to do with Catalina. If it takes long, I would like to revert back.

OK - This Discord-platform is an impossible mess at my end. The rare occasions that I am able to push myself through, Discord wants me to "Dit is een ongeclaimd account. Claim het voordat het verloren gaat. "Claim Account" - Of course I cannot "claim" any account, because I have already two accounts that are somehow unusable. I don't want to dive into this....I don't want to go to Discord...

I just want to fly the TBM900 I purchased. I expect an email with a link to download a working and compatible version via X-Aviation. No more messing about.

I am done investigating and sending bug reports every time after developers suggest that I should update something. I would really urge to release new updates AFTER thoroughly testing on all platforms.

(Why is it that 70% of my time behind X-plane is browsing internet, downloading, re-arranging files, asking questions on several forums, tweaking set-ups, just to get X-plane stable and performing at fps>20, and for only 30% actually flying....aargh...That's something for me to think about, when I am walking along the riverside tonight....so frustrating...I think I go Vanilla and stick with the Cessna)

Pfff.

Edited by Mindyourstep

1 hour ago, Mindyourstep said:

No I am on Mojave. Has nothing to do with Catalina. If it takes long, I would like to revert back.

OK - This Discord-platform is an impossible mess at my end. The rare occasions that I am able to push myself through, Discord wants me to "Dit is een ongeclaimd account. Claim het voordat het verloren gaat. "Claim Account" - Of course I cannot "claim" any account, because I have already two accounts that are somehow unusable. I don't want to dive into this....I don't want to go to Discord...

I just want to fly the TBM900 I purchased. I expect an email with a link to download a working and compatible version via X-Aviation. No more messing about.

I am done investigating and sending bug reports every time after developers suggest that I should update something. I would really urge to release new updates AFTER thoroughly testing on all platforms.

(Why is it that 70% of my time behind X-plane is browsing internet, downloading, re-arranging files, asking questions on several forums, tweaking set-ups, just to get X-plane stable and performing at fps>20, and for only 30% actually flying....aargh...That's something for me to think about, when I am walking along the riverside tonight....so frustrating...I think I go Vanilla and stick with the Cessna)

Pfff.

I don't blame you for getting frustrated, but there is only so much we can do.  We actually had many volunteers in our discord put their hand up to test this latest update, and everything checked out.  There was no filtering of testers.  It was literally "Who wants to test the update?" and whoever responded got a test copy.  

As far as your issues with Discord, that's not something I can help you with.  All I can do is issue the link for the invite.  

Regarding your expectations of a link to download a working and compatible version of the TBM, you'll get one just as soon as we're done with the update.  No messing about.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, Goran_M said:

Try either the maintenance manager and make sure everything is working, or delete the contents of your state folder and reload.  Do it in that order.  Please post back results.

I thought using a new airframe fixed the problem and it did but only partially. I still cannot get the AP to work. I've gone through the maintenance manager several times and now I'd like to try the "delete the contents of your state folder and reload" suggestion but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know where the state folder is located. Please advise.

2 minutes ago, Silverminer said:

I thought using a new airframe fixed the problem and it did but only partially. I still cannot get the AP to work. I've gone through the maintenance manager several times and now I'd like to try the "delete the contents of your state folder and reload" suggestion but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know where the state folder is located. Please advise.

Did you turn on AP Trims?  If the AP Trims switch is off, the autopilot won't work.

15 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Did you turn on AP Trims?  If the AP Trims switch is off, the autopilot won't work.

Yes, AP Trims switch was on. It seems to be a phantom issue because the HDG button worked for a bit then stopped working at the same time the AP quit working. I shut XP11 down, restarted, and then everything seems to be working again. I guess I'll just keep trying and hoping the phantom stays away. Is it worth deleting the contents of the state folder and reloading?

1 minute ago, Silverminer said:

Yes, AP Trims switch was on. It seems to be a phantom issue because the HDG button worked for a bit then stopped working at the same time the AP quit working. I shut XP11 down, restarted, and then everything seems to be working again. I guess I'll just keep trying and hoping the phantom stays away. Is it worth deleting the contents of the state folder and reloading?

You could try removing them and backing them up, just in case.  But sure, you could do that.

Yesterday I took my TBM900 out of my hangar after I installed the new update. As high end iMac (OS Mojave 10.14.6) user I thought that now my fps problem is solved. Activating TBM, while with cockpit view I got 30fps, changing to outside view fps drops every time to 1-2 fps!!! (hint to developer, it happened always after engine start)

Discussing it with the developer he asked me to turn off rain effect. It didn't work !  Now I saw in the new version that rain effect is disabled for Mac, fine I though maybe now it will work, nothing like that -  2fps outside. I am really upset because I purchased this model as fully iMac compatible.

I would like to discuss this bug with the developer. Unfortunately I wrote about it several times but didn't get an answer. I would also like to know if there are more iMac user having same problem? 

Edited by ilankrt

On 12/13/2019 at 9:37 PM, Cameron said:

@BobGramm @robder

I am reading that other customers have also problems as Mac users like me. I would like to mention that I am on OS Mojave so problems are not specific to Catalina

Edited by ilankrt

On 12/14/2019 at 1:22 AM, Goran_M said:

We actually had many volunteers in our discord put their hand up to test this latest update, and everything checked out.  There was no filtering of testers.  It was literally "Who wants to test the update?" and whoever responded got a test copy.  

Actually, how many people actually tested on the mac platform? I believe there were some issues on mac frequently after a new release...

Actually, how many people actually tested on the mac platform? I believe there were some issues on mac frequently after a new release...

We opened the beta to pretty much anyone willing to test. For version 1.1.10, 200 beta keys were issued. Of those I don't know how many volunteers were Mac.

We definitely didn't slap this together with no testing though.
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Cameron said:

Hi Cameron, if you need a tester, I’m all hands on deck! I love flying the TBM when I can and can help with beta for Win10 at least!

Having said that, I filed for customer service support the beginning of December and waited the three days you promise to answer. I waited a week and still no answer so I filed another mentioning that file number along with my original conundrum. 
Well, it’s been yet another week and still no answer (besides the Immediate auto answer promising three days). 
Would you be kind enough to help me out here. I’ve bought a lot of ac, plugins, etc so it’s not like I’m a fly by night customer. 
Thanks a bunch and hope your holiday season is smooth flying!

1 hour ago, TimeTraveler said:

Hi Cameron, if you need a tester, I’m all hands on deck! I love flying the TBM when I can and can help with beta for Win10 at least!

Having said that, I filed for customer service support the beginning of December and waited the three days you promise to answer. I waited a week and still no answer so I filed another mentioning that file number along with my original conundrum. 
Well, it’s been yet another week and still no answer (besides the Immediate auto answer promising three days). 
Would you be kind enough to help me out here. I’ve bought a lot of ac, plugins, etc so it’s not like I’m a fly by night customer. 
Thanks a bunch and hope your holiday season is smooth flying!

Just a shot in the dark, but did you check your spam/junk folder for any replies from Cameron?

13 hours ago, Cameron said:

We opened the beta to pretty much anyone willing to test. For version 1.1.10, 200 beta keys were issued. Of those I don't know how many volunteers were Mac.

Hi Cameron, how do I find out about beta programs? I‘d be willing to test new versions as well...

7 hours ago, robder said:

Hi Cameron, how do I find out about beta programs? I‘d be willing to test new versions as well...

6 hours ago, ilankrt said:

I am also ready to help testing the TBM Mac version on my iMac27 (for now Mojave)...

6 hours ago, malenca said:

me too if you need Mac tester I can help.already said this to toto as well...

If you want to test the next update, please join the Discord server and send Saso (totoritko) a DM.
https://discord.gg/Xkkn8G

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic