TBM 900 v1.1.10 Update Released!

Cameron

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned I am running on ShadowPC, and it is not possible for me to temporarily disable Windows Defender. Is there another way to access the update?

I hope someone in this thread can help you with alternatives. I do not use it so I'm not privy to the options you have.

13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I hope someone in this thread can help you with alternatives. I do not use it so I'm not privy to the options you have.

What if I install on local PC and then transfer the files to shadow? Or would I have issues with activation then? By on my shadow, the previous version is already activated.

26 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

My immediate thought is that the developer could follow good practice and exclude the linux installer ...

Would you appreciate that as a Linux user?

26 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

asking the user to make changes to the virus protection themselves is very unprofessional.

False positive detections are common in the antivirus industry. They occur when a benign program is wrongfully flagged as malicious due to an overly broad detection signature or algorithm used in an antivirus product. You can read more about this in a pretty good article here if you are concerned: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2883692/virustotal-tackles-false-positive-malware-detections-plaguing-antivirus-and-software-vendors.html

We aren't responsible for every problem in the world over here. I think it's pretty clear this is squarely in Microsoft's court. The fact Windows Defender flagged an application that does not even run on their platform is grossly miscalculated on their part and is a problem they need to fix. Trying to make it out as us being the bad guys is the wrong way to look at it.

• Upvote 2

Yes you are absolutely right that you are not responsible for all problems, but you can easily avoid becoming a cause of problems by realizing that many users do not know the difference between a real threat and a false alarm.
myself, I solved this by excluding the linux installer and then moving the directory into my gaming computer.
You could have easily created a separate zip file for those users using linux ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WorthyQuill said:

Yes you are absolutely right that you are not responsible for all problems, but you can easily avoid becoming a cause of problems by realizing that many users do not know the difference between a real threat and a false alarm.
myself, I solved this by excluding the linux installer and then moving the directory into my gaming computer.
You could have easily created a separate zip file for those users using linux ...

Hey can I ask, how did you do that? Sorry, I know nothing about this stuff.

Also good for the devs to know that people who dropped 65 bucks on their product are not necessarily the most tech savvy people, nor is it a requirement to be.

Edited by AirMajjistral
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

What's easy to you is only in your mind. Our system is not coded to distribute separate OS installers. So no, it is not "easily" done.

Given the developer of this product utilizes Linux and only codes on it, excluding that segment of the market is not the solution or an option.

In the interim we have already submitted the file to Microsoft, and we are monitoring our support channels to explain the situation to anyone that asks.

• Upvote 1

I opened the zip file on a computer where I was prepared to take the risk of malicious code, opened the zip file, deleted the linux installer,
zipped the file again and moved the zip file to the gaming computer, opened and installed without any problem with the virus protection

Edited by WorthyQuill
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

I opened the zip file on a computer where I was prepared to take the risk of malicious code, opened the zip file, deleted the linux installer,
zipped the file to utility and moved the zip file to the gaming computer, opened and installed without any problem with the virus protection

That worked, thank you so much!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cameron said:

What's easy to you is only in your mind. Our system is not coded to distribute separate OS installers. So no, it is not "easily" done.

Given the developer of this product utilizes Linux and only codes on it, excluding that segment of the market is not the solution or an option.

In the interim we have already submitted the file to Microsoft, and we are monitoring our support channels to explain the situation to anyone that asks.

How come I could do it in 5 min? maybe it's just in my mind too?
And for your information, the updated TBM900 works perfectly .. and for that you should have a big thank you ..

• Like 1

How come I could do it in 5 min? maybe it's just in my mind too?
And for your information, the updated TBM900 works perfectly .. and for that you should have a big thank you ..

What you do on your computer is far different than DISTRIBUTION.

Glad you're enjoying the update!

AFCS CONTROL UNIT NO LONGER WORKING

I might as well add my issue to the stack. I've downloaded the 1.1.10 update and, unfortunately, the AFCS Control Unit no longer responds. I hear a "click" when I push, say, the HDG knob but there is no response on the G1000. I can't change altitudes with the ALT SEL knob, etc. Everything worked fine before the update. I re-downloaded the update and still no joy. Windows 10. I wish I could revert back to the previous version as I miss flying the TBM 900! Hopefully a fix comes soon. 

20 hours ago, AirMajjistral said:

Hi, I am trying to download the update, but both Chrome and Edge instantly delete the file because it thinks there is a virus. As such, I am unable to install. What do I do?

Thanks

For everyone who still has issues to download the installer due to the false-positive trojan detection by Windows Defender:

I posted on page 1 of this thread that I had sent the Linux installer file to Microsoft for analysis (you can find the details here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/8dd5ba7e-cec2-4338-89ac-7be41b05d514).

The analyst comments stated that they removed the detection and that it should be fine to download after updating the definition files as outlined on the website linked above.

Thing is, since several people were reporting issues with the download after the analysis by Microsoft was finished, I suppose that something went wrong on their end and that the file is still throwing a false-positive.

Unfortunately, I am and will be away from my X-Plane computer for several weeks due to work, so I am unable to re-upload the Linux installer file for analysis myself. It would be helpful if someone from the community could upload the file again here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

You do not have to sign in, but can submit the file anonymously. The more people upload the file, the early Microsoft techs will recognize that there is an issue (I guess).

2 hours ago, Silverminer said:

I might as well add my issue to the stack. I've downloaded the 1.1.10 update and, unfortunately, the AFCS Control Unit no longer responds. I hear a "click" when I push, say, the HDG knob but there is no response on the G1000. I can't change altitudes with the ALT SEL knob, etc. Everything worked fine before the update. I re-downloaded the update and still no joy. Windows 10. I wish I could revert back to the previous version as I miss flying the TBM 900! Hopefully a fix comes soon. 

Maybe it is a good idea if you open a separate thread to discuss the issue, otherwise it may get lost between the postings :)

All the best,

BadPilotAmmoneon

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silverminer said:

Try either the maintenance manager and make sure everything is working, or delete the contents of your state folder and reload.  Do it in that order.  Please post back results.

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Try either the maintenance manager and make sure everything is working, or delete the contents of your state folder and reload.  Do it in that order.  Please post back results.

I previously went into the maintenance manager and checked to make sure everything was working. It said everything was working but the AFCS was clearly not working. I'm sorry to say I don't know how to "delete the contents of your state folder" (where do I find my state folder?) But what I did do just now was create a new airframe and the new airframe seems to be working properly. I'll have to fly it later to test it but so far, so good.

I'm getting a little bit behind. Regulary I am redirected to "Discord" if I want to know about what happened to bugs or questions about plugins, add-ons etc. 

Now, I managed to get in, in the past, actually I seem to have two accounts on two different e-mailadresses. When I open the Discord-app, about 1 out of 3 times it gets stuck in a window with a spinning gaming-device-like pictogram.

Right now I managed to get inside the app, but I think to follow this discussion I have to be invited? I need some kind of an adress like "https://discord.gg/qJq5C".
Would you like to provide me one?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mindyourstep said:

Right now I managed to get inside the app, but I think to follow this discussion I have to be invited? I need some kind of an adress like "https://discord.gg/qJq5C".
Would you like to provide me one?

MrScott just recently provided one:

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic