TBM 900 v1.1.10 Update Released!

Cameron

STUTTERS :(

TBM 900 is broken following update to 1.1.0. Windows Defender does indeed show a Trojan threat however it was switched off for download and install. Fresh install following manual uninstall of 1.0.9. XP 11.40 has a constant stutter with the TBM now loaded. Never had this before and I don't have it loading other aircraft. I run a 4K screen with FXAA and V-Sync on in XP menu. I have disabled all visual effects but the stutter continues. See attached screen shot. This is a clean version of XP 11.40, no other addons.

IMG_2186.jpg

+1 on lacking info on the screens, the yellow and white warning text messages are gone (chime does go, though); I miss a whole column of information, the one with flaps and trim etc.  and the ALT knob does not work anymore. Is it mac os x related?  Why not test new updates on basic things on both platforms before release? (I'm on Mojave).

Edited by Mindyourstep

I do confirm all bugs related on Mac....

first installation was broke due OS Catalina.

After uninstalling and reinstalling ok except that all screens are totally messy.

Even on avionics backup mode for test.

Mac OS Catalina, X-plane 11.40

The issue with AOA indicator still on (FPS drops to 1).

Thanks

TBM900 - 2019-12-07 21.54.29.png

TBM900 - 2019-12-07 21.50.37.png

TBM900 - 2019-12-07 21.47.00.png

Edited by malenca

13 hours ago, gorrack said:

Hello all,

what about experimental flight model (11.40)

should be on or off?

thanks

+1

I would like to see this advice on every product/update a developper releases :mellow: Unfortunately it seems to be necessary. Thanks to LR's strange flight model philosophy...

Hi,
When i download the TBM 900 v1.1.10 update. i get a warning from my virus protection client.
containerfile: D:\Downloads\TBM_900_v1.1.10.zip
the file contains the trojan virus win64/Longage.
Name of product(s) - Put N/A for none: HotStart TBM 900 v1.1.10 Update

Don't you check the software before you publish it??? 

I feel sorry for those that lack virus protection or trust you so much that they disable their protection... 

• Downvote 2

On 12/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, Cameron said:

Not really that strange when you consider we don't ship Linux installers with other products but this one, and that the Linux installer is what Windows Defender falsely thinks is a virus.

I must say your advise is so far of all security thinking that i get sick to my stomach. I have worked as a security architect for the most of 20 year now.
I have until now newer heard a software developer say to their customer to disable the virus protection... I think You have a lot of security thinking to do.

Scary advise...   

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

I must say your advise is so far of all security thinking that i get sick to my stomach. I have worked as a security architect for the most of 20 year now.
I have until now newer heard a software developer say to their customer to disable the virus protection... I think You have a lot of security thinking to do.

Scary advise...   

You also know know you can add an exception which keeps security in place....

And you’re probably aware that false positives are common.....

50 minutes ago, WorthyQuill said:

Scary advise...   

Happened to me several times with other software. I had Kaspersky and it wasn’t allowing iTunes to run properly. I spent an hour with iTunes customer support trying to sort it out. 
I also have Flux player, used to watch videos bought on justplanes.  My internet security flagged it as full of malware. 
There’s no way we would risk our reputation by adding some kind of a virus in the installer. 

Edited by Goran_M
  • Upvote 2

On 12/8/2019 at 12:11 AM, awillimd said:

Receiving an error when trying to update my license. See attached screen grab for error.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.09.34 AM.png

Can you provide more info about your Mac? OS version, etc?

The error you're seeing is strange. X-Plane is failing to translate the folder names its providing to Gizmo.

Please attach your Log.txt file to your next post.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/196984-hotstart-tbm-900-pfd-not-working/&do=findComment&comment=1798560

In the link above you can see my pics. I did a total clean install. Problem still exists. I only found out that the GARMIN is 'broken' and the ALT SEL-knob does not work. I don't know about more bugs. I think it is mac os x-related. I hope to finally start flying this beauty, it is gathering too much dust in the hangar. 

@Goran_M

Hello Sir. I alerted you just because I know you also work on this AC and I haven't signed up for Discord yet. Maybe you can pass this on?

One of the main reasons I updated to this new build was due to the updated Fse Weight & Balance Release notes state, "Re-worked portions of the Payload Manager to allow displaying CG and manipulating exterior elements even when an FSE flight is active"

This still does not allow us to manipulate the weights after starting a flight within the Fse plugin. Yes it shows the CG, but so did the last version. The problem is still there where as the CG shows proper, but Fse adds all the weight to the tail section of the plane making taking off and landing a bit of a hassle, due to the CG is way off. Fse doesn't care about weight, only fuel calculations.  So true, you should block out the fuel caps, but allow the PAX menu, so we can load the AC how we see fit. Eg. Fse says 6 PAX, But I would like to fly with the weight of 4 pax and distributed the weight how I see fit.  Maybe on one of the next hot fixes Saso can make it where we have access to the passengers to set the weight where we want it, not what Fse says it should be.  

Also, when I clicked cancel Flight on the Fse plugin menu, it hung the sim, then eventually caused a CTD. So don't try to cancel a flight or bad things happen... 

Other possible Bugs I figured I'd mention. 

* micro stutters with this version. The FPS is roughly the same as before, so that's good. 

* The Synthetic Vision no longer displays the "Pathway". 

On a positive Note. The Back up Gen test now works without breaking stuff lol. And other than a few hiccups the flight model feels better. And the Texture work is great. 

Thanks for the update guys. : )

Log.txt attached. 

Dave. 

TBM_Log.txt

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic