g1000 Pop out bezels

LeeA

With the latest update, I am UNABLE to remove the g1000 bezels when popping the displays out to move to other external monitors.

With prior versions of M20 and with Laminars C172SP I am able to make the appropriate modifications to remove bezels when popping out PFD/MFD.

Not sure what changed....but can you please change it back?

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

To open the G1000 without bezels, custom commands need to be called due to the drawing of custom elements on the G1000. The commands can be set to joystick or keyboard shortcuts using the X-Plane Keyboard/Joystick settings window to set commands. The commands are:

afm/m20r/cmd/popup/PFD_NOBEZEL

and

afm/m20r/cmd/popup/MFD_NOBEZEL

Coop,

Thanks for the commands!

However, without the bezels, the display size no longer fits correctly on my dedicated monitors.

In a prior version of m20 this was not an issue.

As you can see from the photo, the tops of the g1000 screens are cut off and the heading indicator is an oval instead of a circle.  I have tried changing screen resolution to all the choices, but not of them really work well.

IMG_8565.jpg

This is due to how X-Plane handles 3rd party windows (versus their own). We are writing a config-file based library which will allow setting specific screen coordinates to render to, but until we have that working, attached is a hot fix. Inside the zip you fill find g1000_nobezel.png inside. Replace the file with the same name inside X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/M20 Collection/M20R Ovation III/plugins/m20_systems/resources/g1000/data (and same for M20TN Acclaim folder). This is simply a transparent image that is resized so the proportions should act better. 

I haven't tested with emuteq G1000s before, only with RSG G1000s, so the display resolution may be different on these screens (RSG is 1024x786). You can try resizing the attached image if you still experience the cropped effect on the G1000.

g1000_nobezel.png.zip

Coop,

Thanks for the file.

My Emuteq displays have a native resolution of 1920x 1080.

By resizing the transparent .png file you sent to 1920 x 1055 (to account for Windows header) it works perfectly.

As you work on a permanent solution it would be nice to setup these displays once and have the configuration stored so the next time I fly I don't have to pop out the displays again and position.

Thanks,

Lee

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/29/2019 at 8:25 PM, Coop said:

This is due to how X-Plane handles 3rd party windows (versus their own). We are writing a config-file based library which will allow setting specific screen coordinates to render to, but until we have that working, attached is a hot fix. Inside the zip you fill find g1000_nobezel.png inside. Replace the file with the same name inside X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/M20 Collection/M20R Ovation III/plugins/m20_systems/resources/g1000/data (and same for M20TN Acclaim folder). This is simply a transparent image that is resized so the proportions should act better. 

I haven't tested with emuteq G1000s before, only with RSG G1000s, so the display resolution may be different on these screens (RSG is 1024x786). You can try resizing the attached image if you still experience the cropped effect on the G1000.

g1000_nobezel.png.zip

Hi, I bought this plane today. I can't resize the G1000 in my external monitor. I tried to download this file but it is no longer available. How can I solve? Thank you

11 minutes ago, hornet975 said:

I tried but the attacced file is the result I obtain. What I'm doing wrong?

The popup windows are 1024x768 pixels, the height of the drawn G1000 is based upon the window width. Thus with this monitor configuration, the top of the G1000 is getting cut off with the width of that window. Making the window narrower on the monitor should fix the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Coop,

After upgrading to Xplane 11.50 and latest M20 release, I am unable to pop out the g1000 bezels with the programmed key command.  The f1 key is programmed appropriately when I look under keyboard configuration, but in the plane it doesn't do anything.

13 hours ago, LeeA said:

Coop,

After upgrading to Xplane 11.50 and latest M20 release, I am unable to pop out the g1000 bezels with the programmed key command.  The f1 key is programmed appropriately when I look under keyboard configuration, but in the plane it doesn't do anything.

Can you upload your log.txt file? Perhaps something isn't loading properly.

Hi Coop,
Similar problem here (using XP 11.50)

After months of waiting I finally received RSG G1000 today and installed it.
Works perfect with LR Cessna G1000. Standard M20R O3 G1000 with bezels work (but hinder the experience, of course).
Was unable to use the G1000 non bezels supplied by you although I tried different "tricks" including renaming and copying the G1000_nonbezel.png to the pfd and mfd bezels supplied in your resources/g1000 .. folder.

Short instructions on how to utilize your very fine models with the RSG G1000 and XP11.50 would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Matthias

5 hours ago, MatthiasArnold said:

Hi Coop,
Similar problem here (using XP 11.50)

After months of waiting I finally received RSG G1000 today and installed it.
Works perfect with LR Cessna G1000. Standard M20R O3 G1000 with bezels work (but hinder the experience, of course).
Was unable to use the G1000 non bezels supplied by you although I tried different "tricks" including renaming and copying the G1000_nonbezel.png to the pfd and mfd bezels supplied in your resources/g1000 .. folder.

Short instructions on how to utilize your very fine models with the RSG G1000 and XP11.50 would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Matthias

Hi Matthias, 

Can you send a screenshot or image of what you are seeing? Is it just the aspect ratio that is off?

Thanks,
Cooper

Hi Coop,
Obviously I have screwed up the M20R installation meanwhile.
No G1000 pop outs in any case

• Mouse click doesn't work anymore (maybe I made a mistake when renaming the files)
  • afm/.. commands show no effect at all

Maybe it would be wise to do a complete reinstall..
What would be the best way to proceed from your point of view?

Regards,
Matthias

17 hours ago, MatthiasArnold said:

Hi Coop,
Obviously I have screwed up the M20R installation meanwhile.
No G1000 pop outs in any case

• Mouse click doesn't work anymore (maybe I made a mistake when renaming the files)
  • afm/.. commands show no effect at all

Maybe it would be wise to do a complete reinstall..
What would be the best way to proceed from your point of view?

Regards,
Matthias

Meanwhile I completely uninstalled and reinstalled M20 Pack.
The afm/.. commands are available now (all for pfd/mfd & bezel/no-bezel) and the pop out works.
The one room for improvement is the fiddling around to adjust windows to PSG (rev 3) screens.

However & most important: it works!

Regards,
Matthias

• Like 1