Crash when using WT3

severniae

Hi,

I recently bought the IXEG 737 and wow, what an aircraft. Something about it just feels fantastic and seems really to bring the old 737 CL to life!

However, I seem to have a problem - in that each time I run the IXEG at the same time as world traffic 3, after an unspecified period of time, the application crashes. I've eliminated plugins until I got myself down to just the WT3 addon and I seem to get it to do it each time...

Is there anything anyone could do to help point me in some direction for a resolution?

Many thanks in advance,

James W

Hi James,

glad you are enjoying the aircraft!

If you experience a crash after a while that usually hints at some sort of memory problem. I don´t have world traffic myself, but just to troubleshoot I would recommend to bring down your memory footprint, both for RAM and VRAM. This usually involves reducing the scenery (don´t run orthophotos, HD-mesh, etc.) and also to back of the texture resolution.

If this helps, you at least know where the problem is...

Let us know how it goes!

Jan

Hi,

I'd be a little surprised if it were RAM/VRAM but I'll run some tests - I've actually been running with less scenery enabled lately using aircraft with 4k cockpits and not had a single crash, even with WT3 traffic at max. Soon as I start using the IXEG with WT3 I always seem to get the CTD...

I don't suppose there are any logs or indicators that can be looked at?

Thanks,

James

Edited by severniae

Hi James,

everytime X-Plane runs it writes a file called LOG.TXT, which is located in the main X-Plane 11 folder. You can look at it after the crash and also attach it to a post here. It sometimes gives a hint, but often only says "this application crashed". Make sure you read/attach the file right after the simulator crashed - not after you run it again (as it would be overwritten).

Also note that a hard crash of X-Plane is something that Laminar Research is very interested in - so it may be worth posting as an official bug report with them.

Cheers, Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've done a lot of testing and the issue I have seems to be when using X plane AI traffic in conjunction with WT3 and the IXEG 737.

World Traffic 3 has created some form of x plane default AI planes that the program takes over and uses them so that TCAS alerts are visible in the aircraft. For some reason, when using this it crashes with flying the IXEG - If I don't load AI aircraft, I don't seem to have any crashes.

I know you might say 'well don't use AI aircraft..' but in hope, I wonder if there is a way to fix this?

I attached my log.txt

Thanks,

James

Log (2).txt

3 hours ago, severniae said:

Hi,

I've done a lot of testing and the issue I have seems to be when using X plane AI traffic in conjunction with WT3 and the IXEG 737.

World Traffic 3 has created some form of x plane default AI planes that the program takes over and uses them so that TCAS alerts are visible in the aircraft. For some reason, when using this it crashes with flying the IXEG - If I don't load AI aircraft, I don't seem to have any crashes.

I know you might say 'well don't use AI aircraft..' but in hope, I wonder if there is a way to fix this?

I attached my log.txt

Thanks,

James

Log (2).txt

Per the Log file attached.

"2:00:31.976 E/SYS: | Please report this to Laminar Research."

https://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

• Like 1