Needed to reauthorize after OS update...

oldflyguy

A quick question for you folks.  I just updated Windows 10 to the latest "Feature Update" (1909).  When I started XP I got the "email and password" message from X-Aviation and entered the info.  At that point a new window opened asking me to name this computer (I know that's supposed to happen but since this is the only computer I use I'd never seen it before).  I went ahead an named the computer - no problem.  However, having read elsewhere in this forum that X-Aviation allows up to 5 computers to be used, is this my first or second use?  It's the same computer and I've done "Feature Updates" in the past without the renaming message.  This isn't really an issue for me as I'm probably going to do less than 4 more builds over the years (LOL).  Just curious as I don't think this should have occured after an update.  By the way, I also had to reactivate the AFL King Air.  Different procedure but same "thing"...

Some Windows updates change the OS to the point the add on recognizes it as a new PC.  So you will have to go through the activation again.  

Remember, you are allowed 3 activations (not 5), and you must be careful not to FREEZE your current PC via the activation.

Please watch the video for an explanation and instructions on activating.

Thanks, @Goran_M!  Don't know where I got the "5" from - probably misunderstood a previous thread on the subject.  Anyway, as I understand the process once I reach the 3 activations I will need to deactivate 1 computer to add another activation.  My question then is - If all of the activations are on this rig is it ok to deactivate the oldest one in order to add the new one.  I understand if all the activations are on different rigs but in this case it's just the one.  Please excuse my "thickness" on this as I'm in my 70's (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)...