Cannot Use the iPad

I can't use the buttons on the iPad.  I can turn it on and off, I can dim it but it won't brighten up even though it shows the arrow for it.  I cannot click on the 3 icons on the iPad and have them do anything.  The icon turns to a hand and you can click but nothing happens, no checklist, AviTab etc, just nothing.

On a Mac if that helps.

Not sure if it is supposed to be missing or not but there is also no Autopilot on/off switch.  Goran suggested in the interim to map a button which I already have programmed on my HOTAS and that works for now.

Johnny

1 hour ago, johnnykaercher said:

I can't use the buttons on the iPad.  I can turn it on and off, I can dim it but it won't brighten up even though it shows the arrow for it.  I cannot click on the 3 icons on the iPad and have them do anything.  The icon turns to a hand and you can click but nothing happens, no checklist, AviTab etc, just nothing.

On a Mac if that helps.

We will look into it, on Mac to check if there is any relevancy. What OSX version? Also please post here Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt for further investigation.

1 hour ago, johnnykaercher said:

Not sure if it is supposed to be missing or not but there is also no Autopilot on/off switch.  Goran suggested in the interim to map a button which I already have programmed on my HOTAS and that works for now.

This autopilot has not on button. Press the HDG and the AP will be engaged. Disable it with the trim.  

1 hour ago, airfighter said:

We will look into it, on Mac to check if there is any relevancy. What OSX version? Also please post here Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt for further investigation.

This autopilot has not on button. Press the HDG and the AP will be engaged. Disable it with the trim.  

I'm using MacOS Version 10.15.1 on an iMac Pro 3GHZ 10-core Intel Xeon W with 64GB DDR4 RAM with a Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16GB RAM.  Attached are my log files for your review.

Thanks for any help you can provide here!

Johnny

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

• 1 month later...

Hello @airfighter. I have similar error on Win10 with your bird. Avitab is not visible in cocpit, only when i disable and reneable gizmo plugin I can see tablet in the cockpit - but completly dark/inactive.

Yes, stock version 11.41 of xplane (via xorganizer), only AVITAB and GIZMO plugin installed...

thx for any help...

gabelcz

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

LES_Sundowner - 2019-12-31 14.02.42.png

LES_Sundowner - 2019-12-31 14.02.46.png

Edited by gabelcz

1 hour ago, gabelcz said:

Hello @airfighter. I have similar error on Win10 with your bird. Avitab is not visible in cocpit, only when i disable and reneable gizmo plugin I can see tablet in the cockpit - but completly dark/inactive.

Yes, stock version 11.41 of xplane (via xorganizer), only AVITAB and GIZMO plugin installed...

thx for any help...

gabelcz

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Hello there. There a specific pdf file in the documentation folder, of how to operate the iPad. By disabling Gizmo you are disabling the aircraft completely. On the Gizmo tool tray (go with you mouse to the right edge of your screen) the last icon is to hide/show the iPad. There is an on/off button and many more,  explained in the documentation.