TBM Keeps rolling to the left

pbeau70

Whenever I hand fly the TBM, it rolls dramatically to the left. I constantly have to correct to the right just to not go in a full barrel roll. I even try roll trimming to the right all the way but no success. It is incontrolable. If it is on autopilot, it will do good but once I disconnect the AP, it goes back to a forced left roll. 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, RobW05 said:

That's the torque effect. You will notice the roll tendency to get stronger the more power you set. It requires just a bit of aileron trim to the right to get rid of the roll tendency when handflying. 

Thanks for your answer but that's not it. Even at Idle on approach, it rolls to the left like crazy... Seems to be new for me since X-Plane 11.35. 

14 minutes ago, mrogers0547 said:

Even with all trims centered?

Yes. I even tried trim roll to the right to compensate but not much help. Uninstalled and reinstalled the TBM but still the same effect. It’s only recently that it started acting weird, pretty much after x-plane 11.35. I might try a fresh x-plane install. 

13 hours ago, mcritzman said:

I had the same problem with rolling left after 11.35. It went back to normal when I re-calibrated my yoke within x-plane.

Thank you! That seems to be working! Funny because this issue was not happening with any other planes, hence why I never thought of doing that. Thank you so very much!

• Like 1